Casey Anthony

I Won't Be Held Back Anymore

1/29/2013 10:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0129_casey_anthony_cbs_article_party
Casey Anthony has broken her 7-month silence ... telling CBS 5 in AZ that she's determined to move forward with her life -- and the station insists Casey wasn't paid a single cent for the interview.

The 26-year-old agreed to a phone interview from her Florida home on Friday under the condition that the reporter ONLY ask her about her bankruptcy situation.

"This is the next step towards closure for me," Anthony explained.

Anthony was also asked about a pending lawsuit filed by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez who claimed Casey had defamed her when she told cops in 2008 that a fake nanny named "Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez" kidnapped her daughter, Caylee.

Gonzalez is suing Anthony for unspecified damages. Anthony told CBS 5 she hoped that case (and two other pending lawsuits against Anthony) would be behind her by now.

"These are the things holding me back," Anthony said. "This is the key for me to move forward."

Casey also gave the station a couple of recent photos -- showing her hanging out with her legal team back in August.

The reporter who got the interview later released a statement ... saying, "TO BE PERFECTLY CLEAR... Anthony and/or her legal team are not, have not and will not be paid or compensated in any way by me or my news organization. Nor have I personally received any financial consideration in relation to this story.”

Joey Jr

must be nice to be out tanning and not dead in the swamp

Ld34599

Screw the haters! Go Casey! No one here knows what exactly happened. So you go on Casey and do your thing!

Joey Jr

All these people look pretty happy to be with her :(

BEEJ

Finally, we can date.

Caleb

I LOVE her! #TeamCasey

jen

hey cbs5....f u....bunch of arse holes....and all you losers in the picture....what are you the jury????? make sure you don't move to my area while you are moving on...because we have plastic bags and swamps here too....look behind you, here comes karma...effin vile human being....

joemac

She might not of gotten paid but someone who she knows gets paid and they give her the money. I bet you she received a substantial donation to her friends bank account. This girl is not stupid she is gonna get rich off this one way or another.

tracker

HARVEY I FOR ONE DO NOT WANT TO READ A WORD ABOUT THIS EVIL MONSTER UNLESS IT'S HER OBITUARY...STOP..

Xo

This lunatic honestly thinks she's going to move on from this. Lol. How does she not get that it is never going to go away?

Ld34599

Stuff happens.

Genn1825

You know what he needs to hold her back... Some Chloroform and some duct tape... That oughta do it!

Mali

I would rather hear about the Kartrashians than to hear about this muderer. At least Kris pimped out her kids.

jeannie

Her fans can defend her with their sick remarks all they want to. It still boils down to the fact her own child is dead and was thrown in the swamp. Any loving mother would have been hysterical and calling 911 if they found their child floating in water. Instead Caylee was duct taped, wrapped in plastic and disposed of like trash. That alone tells you what kind of person she is.

Hohan

I'll be Casey is amazing in bed.

Stoneinfl

Ironic that the photo is with her "legal team" - apparently her only friends - whom she is now stiffing in the bankruptcy filing.