Casey Anthony

I Won't Be Held Back Anymore

1/29/2013 10:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0129_casey_anthony_cbs_article_party
Casey Anthony has broken her 7-month silence ... telling CBS 5 in AZ that she's determined to move forward with her life -- and the station insists Casey wasn't paid a single cent for the interview.

The 26-year-old agreed to a phone interview from her Florida home on Friday under the condition that the reporter ONLY ask her about her bankruptcy situation.

"This is the next step towards closure for me," Anthony explained.

Anthony was also asked about a pending lawsuit filed by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez who claimed Casey had defamed her when she told cops in 2008 that a fake nanny named "Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez" kidnapped her daughter, Caylee.

Gonzalez is suing Anthony for unspecified damages. Anthony told CBS 5 she hoped that case (and two other pending lawsuits against Anthony) would be behind her by now.

"These are the things holding me back," Anthony said. "This is the key for me to move forward."

Casey also gave the station a couple of recent photos -- showing her hanging out with her legal team back in August.

The reporter who got the interview later released a statement ... saying, "TO BE PERFECTLY CLEAR... Anthony and/or her legal team are not, have not and will not be paid or compensated in any way by me or my news organization. Nor have I personally received any financial consideration in relation to this story.”

The Man They Call Louis

What a loaded crock of ****!!. Closure....HA!. So she agrees to do the interview ONLY if asked about her stupid bankruptcy?!?...are you kidding me?, who cares about that jazz?, how about explaining about your late daughter Casey?, or about the woman who's life you've made a living hell?. Just go away Casey...

milly5

CASEY, you will never move forward, knowing you killed OR KNOW who killed your baby girl . The courts may have freed you but GOD sure has not. You will forever walk this earth knowing you killed your baby. Honey, you will NEVER MOVE FORWARD. And as long as their are good loving mommies out there to remind you what s*** you are, YOU WILL DEF. never EVER move forward. And dont let me see you walking around either because I will whoop your ass so bad, take you back to square 1. I hope you do not have a good day. Ever.

taz

Look out anyone or anything holding Casey Anthony back, we know what she does to those who hold her back. Just ask her daughter, oh you can't because she was murdered by this smiling fool.

caleb

I love her! #TeamCasey

bob

I bet she "pulled the train" with every dude in that photo. Maybe even the chick too....

stef

Interesting that she has the Dumbo ears covered. Where's the part about daddy footing her apartment rent and visiting her EVERY.SINGLE.DAY?

LightJ

Who gives a f*ck!!!?? Getting real tired of your sh*t Tmz! This f*cking demon is not a celebrity! No one needs to f*cking hear about her! So stfu and go back to reporting on REAL CELEBRITIES or people are going to dump your site for one that doesn't report on a child murdering pieces of sh*t, on a god damn "celebrity news" site. Heartless pieces of sh*ts!

PAT

Shame on you CBS!! She should be behind bars.. I hope that she remains in DEBT for the rest of her life period. Murderers do not deserve to be heard. Who speaks for her daughter??????????? NO ONE so she should not be heard or seen ither!!

Mazor

Dayum she is hot. I don't care what she's done I'd take her over a fat chick any day.

Whatever

If she really wants to move towards closure, she can explain what happened to her daughter that lead her to eventually be in the trunk, dead. Then maybe we can all have a bit of "closure" as she calls it.

Celeb Gossip Maven

This disgusting p.o.s. is not a celebrity....she is reprehensible s***. No one cares about her and it is sick that she can just stand there smiling while knowing what she did to her daughter. Seriously TMZ, stop reporting on her.

kisstheringfool

It wasnt proved that she killed her daughter she is free now by a juty of her peers people need to get over it. Watch itll come our someone else killed the child and it will be poor casey instead

cecil b carter

Id get her pregnant ....

joyce

Not a bad dress, jewelry, etc for a DB who only has $100 worth of clothing.

Luz

Her legal team back in August? Wasn't she supposed to be in jail back in August?