Casey Anthony

I Won't Be Held Back Anymore

1/29/2013 10:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0129_casey_anthony_cbs_article_party
Casey Anthony has broken her 7-month silence ... telling CBS 5 in AZ that she's determined to move forward with her life -- and the station insists Casey wasn't paid a single cent for the interview.

The 26-year-old agreed to a phone interview from her Florida home on Friday under the condition that the reporter ONLY ask her about her bankruptcy situation.

"This is the next step towards closure for me," Anthony explained.

Anthony was also asked about a pending lawsuit filed by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez who claimed Casey had defamed her when she told cops in 2008 that a fake nanny named "Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez" kidnapped her daughter, Caylee.

Gonzalez is suing Anthony for unspecified damages. Anthony told CBS 5 she hoped that case (and two other pending lawsuits against Anthony) would be behind her by now.

"These are the things holding me back," Anthony said. "This is the key for me to move forward."

Casey also gave the station a couple of recent photos -- showing her hanging out with her legal team back in August.

The reporter who got the interview later released a statement ... saying, "TO BE PERFECTLY CLEAR... Anthony and/or her legal team are not, have not and will not be paid or compensated in any way by me or my news organization. Nor have I personally received any financial consideration in relation to this story.”

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

ipoopedmyselfandismellnow

why is this vile thing still alive?

Kaiser SoeZei

You want closure? Have someone gag you, throw you in the trunk of a car and CLOSE the trunk.

Bob

Annnnddd first.

DWTS lover

WHO CARES IF SHE MOVES ON! Her daughter was not given the chance to move on. Shame on TMZ for shoving her down our throat! How much did YOU pay to use the photo!!

busybodyamI

I sincerely hope this woman doesn't become a "celebrity" and start making a bunch of money off of that.

Jen

Please take this **** off this site, she is not a celebrity, she is a child murderer.

jeannie

What is the deal with all the baby killer stories ? Is she the new idol for TMZ ?

Eli7798

Hope someone duct tapes her and places her in a plastic bag, and then gets eaten by wild animals. Then we can all get this behind us!

Joey Jr

WHERE IS CAYLEE"S CLOSURE ?????

DezNutz

I like to *** all over her face.

Jen

Hope CBS is ready for a ratings drop.

Jody

This baby killing whore needs to be mowed down with an assault rifle. She has no place on this earth, living in her own home, no doubt paid for by Dr. Phil. George and Cindy had better watch out. They aren't ever going to get rid of this lying leach.

AsGoodAsTheyCum

To bad Caylee can't move on with HER life. This lady makes me ill. Any GOOD parent would be happy to help solve their child's murder case, but I guess not when/if you are the MURDERER. SO SAD..

Theresa

she is now and will always be a murderer and a liar

mimi2004