Whitney Houston's Brother

I Got Whitney

Hooked On Crack

1/29/2013 6:17 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

012913_houston_own_v2

Whitney Houston's brother says HE'S to blame for introducing the singer to drugs like crack cocaine back in the '80s ... not Bobby Brown ... and last night he came clean to Oprah.

Michael Houston sat down with his mother Cissy and spilled his guts to Her Royal O-ness on "Oprah's Next Chapter" ... admitting he was the first person who did drugs with Whitney.

Michael says he feels extremely guilty for Whitney's death -- but says he didn't realize how deadly drugs could be when he first brought them to Whitney's doorstep ... explaining, "You gotta understand at the time ... the '80s ... it was acceptable."

Houston adds, "It's painful ... I feel responsible for what I let go so far."

Whitney died in Beverly Hills last February after a drug binge that included cocaine, Xanax and marijuana.012913_houston_own

Spicy mag

Sorry fuktard , everyone knew crack was dangerous in the 80s. Guess he didn't watch the millions of PSAs on TV warning kids that Crack is Wack.

Rex

"Acceptable"? No it wasn't acceptable in the '80's.

Kaaka

What you guys don't see is right BEHIND his CHAIR hiding is BOBBY BROWN with a GUN directed at him.

oleman

are they in competition with the Jackson's? Selling any story for financial gain......totally despicable, bunch of trash, trying to cash in!

dale12

All of Cissy Houston's children did drugs, its just that Whitney had the habit the worse.

tjabalan

First I want to say Thank You god for very special woman,Whitney Elizabeth Houston she will always be the grestest singer vocalist of all time no one can touch her on that,now for her brother how is he still alive after all the drugs he did and poor Whitney is gone,thats bs,theres more to this thats not being said,damn wake up people no one just dies like that I know people that have been on heroin for years and take prescription meds to,and they drink like fish they dont eat right or not at all too busy getting high they stay up for days and they never visiit a doctor but they are still here ,something happened to Whitney and it wasnt all illegal drugs!

John

I am sorry but in the 80's crack and coke were not acceptable at all... maybe to dopers and people in Hollywood but not the rest of us..

Jim

Oprah succumbing to the "black epidemic". Always looking to blame someone else. Whitney's dead because of Whitney. Period.

Straight Talkin Texan

I don't think doing drugs has ever been "acceptable," unless you're an IDIOT!!!

Adrien303

I owe Bobby Brown an apology.

Kendra

Whitney was not into crack, cocaine mixed with weed is what she was into.

CECE

This is Pathetic! First of all this was a brother who never entered the spotlight while she was alive. No one really knew he even existed. He is just jumping on the band wagon watching everyone make money why not have his turn! Again this whole family is PATHETIC! No wonder she was on DRUGS! GEEZ!

Ms. Brina

I lived in the Doddtown section in East Orange, NJ during that time and I can vouch that Whitney Houston's brother was indeed a crack addict. He and the guy that lived next door to me were both drug abusers.

sammi

Some are destined to failure at risk unbeknown-st to them. What you can't see let the eyes upon you be the soul to your salvation. Wow, public confessions for 15 mins of fame....The arrogance, this is not about him, this is about Whitney and the choice she made caught in the lies of deceit of the empty promises this drug offered. Truly is a sickness and should have been treated diligently. The truth of the matter it was a disease that manifested with all the hand outs that supplied the disease to substantiate others agenda. She couldn't say no. That was the problem. She was a darling....and it took and took till no more. Watch out BOBBY CHRISTINA. See the signs before the stop sign stops at your door......

Queencityman

The first time I was offered drugs I was around 16 years old. I was asked to try some pills called speckled birds, I'll never forget it! I said no then has never done any hard core street drugs or prescription drugs though I've been in the presence of them being done. I never wanted to be a drug head or be seen as a drug head so drugs were never an option for me, thank God!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments