« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo

I'M GAY

... I Think

1/30/2013 6:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

013013_manti_teo_dr_phil

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo is gay ... at least he thinks he's gay ... he's not really sure -- at least that's what he told Dr. Phil.

Phil appeared on "Today" this morning ... and dished about his interview with the man behind the Manti Te'o not-really-dead girlfriend hoax.

"Here we have a young man that fell deeply, romantically in love," Phil said of Ronaiah.

"I ask him straight up ... was this a romantic relationship with you? And he says, 'Yes.'"

Phil continued ... "I said, are you then, therefore, gay?  And he says, 'Well, when you put it that way, yes.'"

Phil says Ronaiah then "caught himself" and said, "I am confused."

Phil says Ronaiah admitted to running the hoax -- but says he had a number of life experiences that left him "damaged" in many serious ways.

As we previously reported, Manti says he had NOTHING to do with the hoax and was just an innocent victim. He also told Katie Couric he was FAR, FAR, FAR from gay.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

speakMYbrain

he's gotta be gay

Ferndog

Gay, straight, bi curious, pan sexual, tranny. What ever no one really cares. Manti just get out there and tackle son. That's the focus. I hate when news (not tmz because this is a gossip forum) real news stations cover non issues such as this. This isn't news. Economics, wars, weather etc things affecting people at a grand scale is news. Oh btw I love sports but that's not news either. Go lakers

judy jetson

Your confused to whether your gay or not? Maybe you should consult with Harvey!!

KenzieQ

Dr. Phil is a hulking manipulative mouth breather. He can't say unequivocally that Manti is innocent.

Dorothy

If you dont want people to comment dont get on the Net, I see most of these people have college D, But no comment sense what so ever, How far do you go with this. I think he new!!!!! DL

Dorothy

Folks needed to stay off the net you dont no who your talking to Man,woman, child, cat ,dog. Some people have nothing to do but Lie i pray to God that i dont do this!!!!!!!!!!!

Sapphiegirl

WHY THE F*CK IS DR PHIL GLORIFYING AND EMPATHIZING WITH THIS LOSER? THIS GUY SHOULD GET AS MUCH PUBLIC SCORN AND HUMILIATION AS MANTI IS, IN FACT HE SHOULD GET IT WORSE DUE TO HIS FRAUD!

PPC

"Dr" Phil is a hack, nothing more. He is desperate for ratings, always has been, and is a s***bag. His grandstanding is a joke, he has not been licensed for decades now, and he has had sex harassment charges brought against him in the workplace in Texas - both an employee and patient - evidently.

Omeomyky50

This just goes to show you that you never ever truly know who you are talking to on the net. FB, chat rooms. A lot of seriously damaged and messed up ppl on the net looking for love in all the wrong places. My son who is gay (against his truest wishes) was unfortunately scammed by someone like this person. He supposedly lived 5 hours away and wanted my 18 yo son to take a bus to meet them. The person said one way ticket. I drove to the address because I knew or had an idea what was going on and being protective of him didn't ever want him to go alone. You can imagine what happened when we got there. Cops called said we were stalking and in fact it was the other way around. The person wouldn't let my son alone. So Manti was sucked in and was a believing innocent just like my son. Gay people are not always happy to be gay. Please don't judge bible or not. Just sayin. We all have defects. Only one perfect person I know of and pray for them like you would anyone else. God bless.

Truth

TOLD YALL... DUDE IS GAAAY JUST LIKE MANTI. BESIDES, WORST TEAM IN NFL GETS 1ST PICKS. THAT MEANS THE GAAAY LB IS GOING TO JAGUARS OR THE CHIEFS. BA-BYYYEEE!! #LOSER #TRUTH!!

Legit

Scorned Lover. Nothing to see here, move along.

5Louie

Sean:  5 hours ago Fake azz Dr Phil pays these monkeys (dinah lohan voice) I love this says it all about Phil & dr Drew with teen moms 2 can't wait for teen moms granny 2

5Louie

Like always money,money,money,follow the money back to football the press made him A heisman candidate . Who was he befor? Now he's worth lots of money so happy for a man Suffering soo soo much I love his smile bullsh$$er. Remember poor poor Lance the guy with 1 ball Made lots of money lots,lots,and lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ lots.

DeeMaree

Manti don't come out til pro career is over. Seriously the NFL is not ready yet. And as for this guy, gay not gay, is no excuse for leading someone weak like Manti on such a goosechase. It was so wrong. Honesty is the best policy except for you Manti. Pro career then gay love.

sophiastormy