« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Rampage Jackson

The UFC Treated Me

LIKE CRAP

1/30/2013 12:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

012913_rampagejackson_launch
Rampage Jackson is picking a fight with the UFC ... claiming he'll NEVER fight for Dana White ever again because he feels the organization has treated him like a chump. But Dana says Rampage doesn't have a choice ... because the UFC doesn't WANT him back.

Rampage was leaving AV Nightclub in L.A. Monday night when we asked about reports that he was retiring from the sport ... in the wake of Saturday's loss to UFC fighter Glover Teixeira.

"I didn't retire from MMA, " Rampage said ... adding, "But as of now ... I've left the UFC."

He continued ... "The UFC didn't treat me right. I don't like the way I was treated there."

So what pissed him off? Rampage says he was screwed out of cash ... and he feels betrayed over a deal involving Rampage action figures.

Jackson says he's hungry to sign a new deal with a rival MMA company so he can forget the UFC for good -- but he's contractually obligated to wait a month after his last fight until he can sign a new deal.

We spoke to White -- who couldn't have been more direct ... saying, "Rampage didn't quit. He lost his last 3 fights and his contract is up. Do you see me beating his door down to get him back?"

White continued, "From 2007 to 2012, Rampage has made $15.2 million with the UFC. Ask him how much he made from the 'A-Team' when I let him go film it."

Dana also tells us Rampage and for that matter every UFC fighter featured in a pay-per-view event has the option to audit the UFC books and find out exactly how much cash the org. made on his fights -- but Rampage never took him up on the offer.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

pattycake

I saw his last fight. He should keep his mouth shut.

Eric

He got plenty of shots for the title in UFC he just isn't as good as he used to be.

Netty

Sorry rampage. Your just not as good as u used 2 be. But then again its easy to dominat qhen your one of the biggest dudues in your weight class. Then again, danan whites all about the money. He's not fair at all. So many fighters like chael sonnen, get shots whn they dnt even earn them or deserve them. I thought sonnen was supposed 2 retire after he got his ass kicked by the spider? How does he get a shot at jones now? Yup whites all about the money.

Toilethead

In six months he'll be begging for them to take him back.

Mary P

Dana is notorious for paying fighters like crap. They DID try to avoid the UFC - but the UFC bought up the other two competitors with UFC and Strikeforce. And if you think it isn't about money - last year Dana White said women would NEVER fight in "his" UFC... then it was settled they'd buy Strikeforce and the chicks fans went nuts so surprise! Girl fight. Rampage isn't near as good as he once was, but seriously - that dude made Zuffa oodles of cash. 15 million in just over 7 years is AWFUL considering he was either main event, or co-main event in most of those.

jason

Less boozy night with Filipino hookers, more training...that's what you need Rampage.

Chorizo300

Another slave organization!! Just like the NFL. They are over prized slaves.

Shag

Pugilistica Dementia by the age of 40.

0.0

Either he doesn't have it or he doesn't want it enough anymore, but either way, Rampage can't compete with the big boys anymore. He could still be a draw in Japan. I would bet that's where he ends up.

Rattlesnake Jake

Hate when ppl work for a company, make tons of money, then talk about how bad they got treated.

dogboy

Dana White is a chump! The fighters go out and get their balls busted up for some small change in comparison to DW fortune.

Steven318

15 million??? I would let somebody beat my azz for that price! Where do I sign up???

I am Spartacus

Dana White's a punk. The UFC treats almost all their fighters like s***. They're ALL underpaid. The UFC profits big time while the fighters don't unless they're the biggest names out there. Rampage hasn't been the same in a while but the UFC did screw him after he lost a close fight to Forrest Griffin where he lost his belt, it took him forever to even get another shot while other guys get rematches almost instantly.

Krismose1

Waaahmpage

Justin

I hate Dana White and his zuffa monopoly as much as anyone but the UFC kissed rampage's ass when they shouldn't have....The guy is a baby and he sucks now

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments