« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Beyonce

Sings National Anthem LIVE

Suck It, Haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/31/2013 12:00 PM PST UPDATED: 1/31/2013 12:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Beyonce was on a mission today to PROVE she can sing the national anthem like a pro – belting out a LIVE version of "The Star-Spangled Banner” moments ago on TV … without the help of a backing track ... and she KILLED IT.

Beyonce was at the news conference for her upcoming Super Bowl halftime show when she launched into the impromptu performance -- and when she finished the song, she simply said, “Any questions?”

During the conference, Bey was asked about the lip-syncing situation at the Presidential Inauguration last week, and she admitted she used a backing track -- claiming, "I am a perfectionist ... I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra [at the Inauguration]. It was a live television show and a very important moment for me."

013113_beyonce_inauguration
Beyonce added, "Due to the weather, due to the delay, due to no proper sound check, I did not feel comfortable taking the risk … so I decided to sing along with my pre-recorded track, which is very common in the music industry. And I’m very proud of my performance."

A reporter then asked Beyonce if she planned to sing live at the Super Bowl, and she replied vaguely, "I always sing live" ... but she didn't say whether she planned to use a backing track as well.

Beyonce -- too desperate?

When asked about a possible Destiny’s Child reunion at this Sunday's halftime show – Beyonce hedged on the answer.

So let this settle it once and for all ... girl can sing.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Edith

This bitch will do the same ****!!! Fake bitch

Clo

I hear she also fakes it when JayZ is on top

Ericaasfiasco

Who caressssssss if Beyonce lip syncs who in the music industry doesn't lip sync nowadays? Brittney Spears does it at EVERY award show, now Beyonce did it once and you all go mad? Chill out

Marie

What's that promo crap all about? Everyone loves Beyonce BUT women? Why is it all men? Weird!!!

Karin

What for ? So she can lie into our faces ?? I don't care !! I truly believe that this woman never sang live in her life and she will definitively not start doing it at Superbowl halftime. GO RAVENS !!!

SusanCoyote

Who cares what these meat-heads think about thunder thighs songs??? It's crap music totally created in a studio.

Isatou

Who cares? It's the end of the month and I have my bills to worry about. Remember you talking about someone who just spent $200000 on her daughters birthday. In the world I'm from it's totally insane.

Lee

Are her comments pre-recorded so she can lip sync them??

Itoldu

Bitch needs to pick up a book & get an education before she starts calling news conferences'............

Zambonie

I wish that her, her husband and their spawn would just go away for a couple years

They're just entainers
It's not like they cured cancer or HIV/AIDS or solved world hunger

They sing and dance and spend way to much money on things the kid will never remember

chevy88

Damn I smell the hate!

Valorie

Beyonce has totally disappointed me by not singing live at President Obama's Inauguration. If it was too cold for her or she was sick, some other great singer would have gladly of taken her place! She must be extremely insecure and she has no right telling an orchestra not to play live because of her selfishness. How would she like somebody PRETEND singing at her wedding??? I don't think she would have liked that. Shame on her!!!

bernergirl

Anyone notice how fake she is since hanging around Kim Lardashian?

bernergirl

Other than Single Lady, she hasn't released anything worth listening to since Destiny Child!

kitnplayn

It's ignorant to keep people waiting more than 20 minutes, without even an update. TMZ and Beyonce both suck at consideration, and you both suck the pride out of your culture.