« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Beyonce

Sings National Anthem LIVE

Suck It, Haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/31/2013 12:00 PM PST UPDATED: 1/31/2013 12:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Beyonce was on a mission today to PROVE she can sing the national anthem like a pro – belting out a LIVE version of "The Star-Spangled Banner” moments ago on TV … without the help of a backing track ... and she KILLED IT.

Beyonce was at the news conference for her upcoming Super Bowl halftime show when she launched into the impromptu performance -- and when she finished the song, she simply said, “Any questions?”

During the conference, Bey was asked about the lip-syncing situation at the Presidential Inauguration last week, and she admitted she used a backing track -- claiming, "I am a perfectionist ... I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra [at the Inauguration]. It was a live television show and a very important moment for me."

013113_beyonce_inauguration
Beyonce added, "Due to the weather, due to the delay, due to no proper sound check, I did not feel comfortable taking the risk … so I decided to sing along with my pre-recorded track, which is very common in the music industry. And I’m very proud of my performance."

A reporter then asked Beyonce if she planned to sing live at the Super Bowl, and she replied vaguely, "I always sing live" ... but she didn't say whether she planned to use a backing track as well.

When asked about a possible Destiny’s Child reunion at this Sunday's halftime show – Beyonce hedged on the answer.

So let this settle it once and for all ... girl can sing.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

NYCGirl33

Are you Kidding me!! LMAO too much.. just too much

DeeMaree

I don't understand the uproar over this. Beyonce is a singer but nerves can happen to anyone. Better to lip sync than to mess up the anthem and forever be a footnote im history books. And I don't really understand the vitriol for Beyonce. Is it because she married JayZ? They did get MARRIED; then had a baby. You never hear of either of them cheating. All the sterotypes so many here constantly apply to blacks seem to be missing. Beyonce is great looking, seems loyal, has worked hard for her success. What am I missing?

KnuckleDragger

Who cares?! I refill my chip bowl, take a crap and open a fresh beer during the halftime show. I come for the football...not some black bitch ghetto-yodling some synch'd crap. Halftime at the stadium is to go take a piss and re-up on a couple hot dogs...like we do at home.
I've got the 49ers by 10.

chevy88

Watch this great performance by Beyonce n the girls.

chevy88

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy***3LfgVw

maria

it froze......tmz wud up man!

Max

That's ok Beyonce, Obama seems to be lip syncing the Presidency too. What happened to all the talk about JOBS? Guess he was lip syncing that oo.

Viewer

All of this is for sympathy because she lip synched and faked having that baby. NOTHING is real with this chick. Smartly timed revelation of a miscarriage. Excellent PR

Phreaky

Is this guy from Pepsi getting ready to cry? His voice keeps cracking, and why would anyone think the public would want to hear a "representative" from Pepsi talk about the Super Bowl? Boring.

MsPhoenix

Big f...ing deal if she lip synched. She still go home the gorgeous successful millionaire that she is. She didn't risk the chance of anything going wrong. It's definitely won't cause the end of the world.

BECKER

She is an illiterate High School dropout that did a Diana Ross and screwed her "girls" after they helped to make the group famous.
She talks like a Ghetto HO

SusanCoyote

Attention whore! It's about the football not her ****ty voice! No wonder she has been lip-syncing!

Karin

So you can sing on a news conference buy not for Obama ? WTF ???

taz

I am laughing and crying at the same time. Damn Beyonce, you showed everyone! That was good.

Nunya