« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Beyonce

Sings National Anthem LIVE

Suck It, Haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/31/2013 12:00 PM PST UPDATED: 1/31/2013 12:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Beyonce was on a mission today to PROVE she can sing the national anthem like a pro – belting out a LIVE version of "The Star-Spangled Banner” moments ago on TV … without the help of a backing track ... and she KILLED IT.

Beyonce was at the news conference for her upcoming Super Bowl halftime show when she launched into the impromptu performance -- and when she finished the song, she simply said, “Any questions?”

During the conference, Bey was asked about the lip-syncing situation at the Presidential Inauguration last week, and she admitted she used a backing track -- claiming, "I am a perfectionist ... I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra [at the Inauguration]. It was a live television show and a very important moment for me."

013113_beyonce_inauguration
Beyonce added, "Due to the weather, due to the delay, due to no proper sound check, I did not feel comfortable taking the risk … so I decided to sing along with my pre-recorded track, which is very common in the music industry. And I’m very proud of my performance."

A reporter then asked Beyonce if she planned to sing live at the Super Bowl, and she replied vaguely, "I always sing live" ... but she didn't say whether she planned to use a backing track as well.

When asked about a possible Destiny’s Child reunion at this Sunday's halftime show – Beyonce hedged on the answer.

So let this settle it once and for all ... girl can sing.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

DaveT

Wanna see a black woman who can really belt it out with a strong voice check this out:
"Fats Waller & Ada Brown - That Ain't Right - Stormy Weather (1943)"
@ Youtube

rreds2

She showed no respect for the hundreds thousands of people that tuned in. Not to mention, she took the spotlight away from the President and First Lady, because instead of people taking about the presidential couple and the speeches, they were talking about her lip singing. No judgement. Rude

pat

For a story that has legs, it sure did move off of page one in a hurry.

Maybe Harvey was instructed by money or thugs to act accordingly.

As for the conceited and self-absorbed performer, I just saw a report on tv and she is going to try to deflect all attention away from her supposed voice by using cheap tricks like having guests come out and join her, thereby giving her an excuse for whatever....

Having Jennifer Hudson come out and sing with kids from Sandy Hook elementary school. This alone IMO is the lowest, underhanded stunt I am ever going to see. I wonder who came up with that ides.

The piss off is that she will probably get away with it Given how gullible we, the public, can be.

And I can just imagine her backstage afterwards taking all the credit.

I hope karma shows up.

Kim

So what if Beyonce sang the Star Spangled Banner inside at a press conference. Aretha sang it outside in cold weather an nailed it. Are you saying she isn't a perfectionist!? What an insult to a great performer. Beyonce should have put her big girl pants on and bit the bullet and sang the song. I am a music teacher and a voice major. What a disappointment. Stop making excuses. You messed up.

jaye

What 's with her attitude and the suck it haters from TMZ? I don't think it was said that she COULDN'T sing live, they said she DIDN'T sing live, which was true. She should just get over herself. She got caught boo hoo. It wasn't a crime, but she act like she was accused of one. A perfectionist? lol. She thinks way too much of herself. Now she's going to make some silly ass film about herself so she can say, "See, I'm great, wonderful, the best thing since slice cheese." Can't this ignorant talking woman be humble for a minute.

Jen

That's rich, TMZ titling this "SUCK IT HATERS" when you were the ones bringing it up in the first place and going on and on and on about it. But okay, you can suck it too if you like, we can share.

pak1

AND THAT LADIES AND GENTLEMAN IS HOW YOU TELL YOUR CRITICS TO GO **** THEMSELVES!

Ivantank

no one said she can't sing, what everyone said is she did not sing at the swearing in ceremony....SO you suck it mother F'er....

Minnetonka40

While she vindicated herself in a way.. in reality she was so angry at everyone making an issue of her lip syncing that is the reason she did the press conference. The point is, that was NOT a place you want to be caught lip syncing. She is paid million upon millions to do what she chose not to do that night. Whether she didn't rehearse as much as she should have, was unprepared is nothing but an excuse. If she wasn't going to actually sing why even do it? Why not let someone else belt out the National Anthem who is willing to prepare ahead of time and sing it well LIVE.

FrshVaBrez

This segment was painful to listen to on the radio. When all you guys get screaming at each it might be slightly entertaining on TV but it is horrible radio that seems very self indulgent. Your show is supposed to be about reporting the news not a commentary or debate forum where you guys scream at each other for 10 minutes. BORING! for the rest of us.

saveless

Ugh! that smug 5th grade educated baby faking bitch misses the point completely. Yes we know she can sing. The fact that she gets paid an insane amount of money to preform she shouldn't pass off faking it. Just like if I was paying for a Prada purse and receiving a knock off. She lacks integrity.

Lyzi

I'm not all that impressed. Mediocre much?

robg

So, if someone does something stupid, then does something not stupid, that means the stupid thing they did doesn't count? Man, wish I knew that growing up! :-P

ama

How embarrassing. She looks like a friggin fool, is hard to watch the funny I'm so proud of myself look on her face, she can hardly contain herself.

ama

Previous 15 Comments | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments