« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Beyonce

Sings National Anthem LIVE

Suck It, Haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/31/2013 12:00 PM PST UPDATED: 1/31/2013 12:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Beyonce was on a mission today to PROVE she can sing the national anthem like a pro – belting out a LIVE version of "The Star-Spangled Banner” moments ago on TV … without the help of a backing track ... and she KILLED IT.

Beyonce was at the news conference for her upcoming Super Bowl halftime show when she launched into the impromptu performance -- and when she finished the song, she simply said, “Any questions?”

During the conference, Bey was asked about the lip-syncing situation at the Presidential Inauguration last week, and she admitted she used a backing track -- claiming, "I am a perfectionist ... I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra [at the Inauguration]. It was a live television show and a very important moment for me."

013113_beyonce_inauguration
Beyonce added, "Due to the weather, due to the delay, due to no proper sound check, I did not feel comfortable taking the risk … so I decided to sing along with my pre-recorded track, which is very common in the music industry. And I’m very proud of my performance."

A reporter then asked Beyonce if she planned to sing live at the Super Bowl, and she replied vaguely, "I always sing live" ... but she didn't say whether she planned to use a backing track as well.

When asked about a possible Destiny’s Child reunion at this Sunday's halftime show – Beyonce hedged on the answer.

So let this settle it once and for all ... girl can sing.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

STFUP

""Due to the weather, due to the delay, due to no proper sound check."
Excuses, excuses. EVERY other performer there that day sang LIVE.
Nobody said you couldn't do it - only that it was stupid & disrespectul for you to do so at the inaugurration.

avon mustafa

keep up the good work beyonce me and all the AKHIS love you and your great singing! much love continued success beautiful!

Jenn

She just comes off sounding ignorant and uneducated. She should just sing, shake her fat a$$ and give up the interviewing and writing illiterate letters to the First Lady.

Eddie

She's sucked & she sounds like she has a third grade Education when answering questions she is one dumb chick she's lucky she has cash

BB not bb

She doesn't sing on pitch very well. That is probably why she needed the auto-tune track. I don't think she was singing with her mic on during the track either, or you would hear an echo. She isn't a very great singer, so for her to follow Kelly Clarkson, I think she was just embarassed.

Kelly was not only on key, but her delievery was moving and beautiful and from the heart. It was a work of heart. Beyonce is just trashy entertainment.

Craig

Dollars to pesos her superbowl performance theme will be ancient Egypt! Gotta bring back the ancient mystery religions and symbolism somehow? She's sold her soul to the devil and she doesn't even know it!

saywhat

"still there"-ugh so off key during this part.

Brittany

This comment section is for people who only have something negative to say about everything. You guys have no lives if she sung so bad let see one of you do it then?

Doris

I love her!! She is amazing!!!!

sophiastormy

She won't be singing live at the super bowl either. I lost respect for her when she married loser jayz. Her attitude has grown snotty. Like her husband's. She sucks like every other pop star who really can't sing live.

Oh Please

Oh Pleeeeease! Prince sang LIVE at the Half Time show AND played electric guitar IN THE RAIN.

Backing track my *rse!

notsosad

what a total narcissistic douche bag.

StubbyCub

I understand that many people honestly do not care for Beyonce. But if you dislike her so much, why spend your time going on and on about her?

Ms.lovely

Really, she needs a press conference. That's so sad!!!! Wow. I thought this was about FOOTBALL. Now I know why I'm not a FAN!!!!

John dowser

She is a fake !!! Beyonce as the Super Bowl Entertainer? Like Michael Jackson? Be real. I wont listen to one word...I have no idea why this woman is popular? With a pound of makeup, $10,000 haircuts/colorings and no job so she can workout anytime she wants...still barely ok.