« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Beyonce

Sings National Anthem LIVE

Suck It, Haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/31/2013 12:00 PM PST UPDATED: 1/31/2013 12:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Beyonce was on a mission today to PROVE she can sing the national anthem like a pro – belting out a LIVE version of "The Star-Spangled Banner” moments ago on TV … without the help of a backing track ... and she KILLED IT.

Beyonce was at the news conference for her upcoming Super Bowl halftime show when she launched into the impromptu performance -- and when she finished the song, she simply said, “Any questions?”

During the conference, Bey was asked about the lip-syncing situation at the Presidential Inauguration last week, and she admitted she used a backing track -- claiming, "I am a perfectionist ... I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra [at the Inauguration]. It was a live television show and a very important moment for me."

013113_beyonce_inauguration
Beyonce added, "Due to the weather, due to the delay, due to no proper sound check, I did not feel comfortable taking the risk … so I decided to sing along with my pre-recorded track, which is very common in the music industry. And I’m very proud of my performance."

A reporter then asked Beyonce if she planned to sing live at the Super Bowl, and she replied vaguely, "I always sing live" ... but she didn't say whether she planned to use a backing track as well.

When asked about a possible Destiny’s Child reunion at this Sunday's halftime show – Beyonce hedged on the answer.

So let this settle it once and for all ... girl can sing.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sarah

One more thing nobodies "hating" on her we called her out because she was pretending to sing live even pulling her headphones out of her ears and trying to fool the public when she clearly wasn't singing at all. She says she was singing with a pre recorded track and that's also bull**** because if that was the case you would of been hearing her live voice with the track and if she was singing she wouldn't of needed a pre recorded track anyway its not like she was at one of her concerts dancing. There is no excuse to be lip syncing your a singer you sing live. I really can't stand this fake, phoney woman nobodies believing your lies anymore love only your stupid gullible fans.

Donna

I knew she could sing, but the fact that she didn't have time to rehearse is what killed me! Shouldn't that be one of the most important events to schedule time for?

Joey Boots

Gurl got some chops!

LCS27

That wasn't very good. Lip synch version was much better. lol

Ashley

HOLY FAAK PEOPLE!! YOU are all SOOOOOOOOOOOO fkn negative! You are all just jealous, clearly. Way to have your fellow American's back, Idiots...............Ughhhh

vee

Happy now? You Pathetic b1tches aren't fit to hold beyonces bra strap. Hi haters!

I'm out :-/

Ha! I told you she can sing!

joeboxer

Perfectionist? I thought they don't need rehearsals, or sound checks, they just go and do the damn thing!! She now obviously had the time to learn the song lol haha

bagladey

I'm not impressed by her arrogance and smugness. Who cares if she sings it live NOW? She needed to sing it live at the inauguration. If she didn't have time to practise because she had too many gigs and she had something else more important than a presidential inauguration, the most auspicious of occasions, (oh yeah, this was her second time around) then she should have passed on the opportunity to some other singer who did have the time to rehearse.

LISA

I missed the live performance by minutes, but just saw it in the clip.

She KILLED it! It was almost better than the pre-recorded one. Beyonce is awesome and anyone who doesn't agree can SUCK IT!!!

p.s. I'm totally kidding about the suck it part (lol).

JO

I don't think anyone ever doubted that she could sing. We all know the woman can belt it. It's the principle! It's not like she needed to lip sync. She's not exactly Jlo. Just sayin'.

robin

She ruined the President's most important day.....Today is not special.....What the hell

Chgo411

She is as fake as they come. I really love how she is the model in a hair color commercial eventhough she wears a wig.

dusty

wow, way to come off as a hurting loser.

she really needs to get over herself.

peter

did she lip sync the news conference , kelly clarkson never made so many many excuses for lip syncing . the funny thing is , kelly still sang better at the inauguration than beyonce just did