« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Beyonce

Sings National Anthem LIVE

Suck It, Haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/31/2013 12:00 PM PST UPDATED: 1/31/2013 12:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Beyonce was on a mission today to PROVE she can sing the national anthem like a pro – belting out a LIVE version of "The Star-Spangled Banner” moments ago on TV … without the help of a backing track ... and she KILLED IT.

Beyonce was at the news conference for her upcoming Super Bowl halftime show when she launched into the impromptu performance -- and when she finished the song, she simply said, “Any questions?”

During the conference, Bey was asked about the lip-syncing situation at the Presidential Inauguration last week, and she admitted she used a backing track -- claiming, "I am a perfectionist ... I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra [at the Inauguration]. It was a live television show and a very important moment for me."

013113_beyonce_inauguration
Beyonce added, "Due to the weather, due to the delay, due to no proper sound check, I did not feel comfortable taking the risk … so I decided to sing along with my pre-recorded track, which is very common in the music industry. And I’m very proud of my performance."

A reporter then asked Beyonce if she planned to sing live at the Super Bowl, and she replied vaguely, "I always sing live" ... but she didn't say whether she planned to use a backing track as well.

When asked about a possible Destiny’s Child reunion at this Sunday's halftime show – Beyonce hedged on the answer.

So let this settle it once and for all ... girl can sing.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Ih8Taxes

OK TMZ, she may suck me like you suggested.

Hanapana

To my knowledge, no one accused her of not being able to sing. People were pissed that she tried to pass off a lip-sync as if it were a live performance. Ya know...kinda like giving birth to your baby versus having a surrogate give birth to your baby. No one accused her of not having a child...just not delivering it.

w

Too late BITCH!

wldtraveler11

Hate, jealousy, envy, strife, greed....please don't wear any of these designers or any of there knock offs. They look good on no-one! Try wearing self, get your on life, and do you. This is what all should be in.

Bea

wow she is so arrogant

Midnite

Awww the poor haters are furious waa waa. Lol shut it down Bey!

w

what no ripping out the ear piece?!? She's a fool

BooDa

Congrats to her. She had a week to practice, before the press.

imajustbme

this is soooo stupid who cares if it was live or not we already knw she is capable to do it unlike most. its over and done let it go ppl

Kathy

WHO GIVES A RATS A$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Celebrities Suck

any questions? why is it that singers music sound better on cd's and not live? auto tune is the answer, so when you buy a cd your paying for an auto/manipulated copy not a realistic copy.

Celebrities Suck

this didn't sound any better thn someone singing at a karaoke pub..

tamara

IS THAT HEADLINE BIGGG ENOUGH? good grief
I want to see her sing but it won't play.

joyo

So she's just lazy then????

melodyann

For me there never was a question of B not being capable of singing, after all we all know she can carry a tune. It was the fact that being invited to sing at a event for our prez was not the place nor time to be lip syncing . No excuses.