« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Beyonce

Sings National Anthem LIVE

Suck It, Haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/31/2013 12:00 PM PST UPDATED: 1/31/2013 12:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Beyonce was on a mission today to PROVE she can sing the national anthem like a pro – belting out a LIVE version of "The Star-Spangled Banner” moments ago on TV … without the help of a backing track ... and she KILLED IT.

Beyonce was at the news conference for her upcoming Super Bowl halftime show when she launched into the impromptu performance -- and when she finished the song, she simply said, “Any questions?”

During the conference, Bey was asked about the lip-syncing situation at the Presidential Inauguration last week, and she admitted she used a backing track -- claiming, "I am a perfectionist ... I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra [at the Inauguration]. It was a live television show and a very important moment for me."

013113_beyonce_inauguration
Beyonce added, "Due to the weather, due to the delay, due to no proper sound check, I did not feel comfortable taking the risk … so I decided to sing along with my pre-recorded track, which is very common in the music industry. And I’m very proud of my performance."

A reporter then asked Beyonce if she planned to sing live at the Super Bowl, and she replied vaguely, "I always sing live" ... but she didn't say whether she planned to use a backing track as well.

Beyonce -- too desperate?

When asked about a possible Destiny’s Child reunion at this Sunday's halftime show – Beyonce hedged on the answer.

So let this settle it once and for all ... girl can sing.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes!

Tim

It wouldn't surprise me if she lip - synced this news conference.

kimmi

She probably pre-recorded her "live" speech.

furious cupcakes

Anyone who think so highly of themselves to hold a press conference to talk about themselves is a narcissistic arrogant AHole. I could see if she was studying the human brain, neuroscience, delivering babies, curing disease. This chic sings songs.

jen

LIVE lip syncing lmao

Majestik

Call it a "GUT INSTINCT" folks. This whole thing was planned. No one would've known about the Inauguration if it hadn't been for the leak. That leak was on purpose because they knew it would cause a firestorm because it had to do with the President. This lady will now have the largest bloody audience in the history of super bowls and it will be everyone in North America tuning into the half-time show to see if she actually sings live. The Super Bowl just hit the jackpot and I guarantee, any company looking to air a new commercial is going to pay twice the amount as last year knowing this controversy is making it huge.

static

A waste of time nobody will ask any tough questions.

His Prince Michael

UNQUESTIONABLY: The most over-hyped act in U.S. History.

Pharaoh, Feds, Frauds, and Other Fascists shall FALL:
The House of David 2 Chronicles 13 Victory, is HERE; http://www.all4webs.com/x/w/all4yahweh
NOW, The Most Holy Christ King Yeshua reigns!

ithoughtitwasgum

uh who cares about Beyonce? she hasnt had a #1 since 2009, shes had to resort to reuniting with Destiny's Child..x

msteve

I don't get the issue about her lip-syncing for the super bowl because everyone does it. It isn't as if we all don't know she can sing. Love her or hate her you can't deny her vocal ability, the girl can sing. Her acting however......not so much.

sav

baby faker...

pat

I know I posted this earlier but here goes anyway.

This is what she's going to do.

She will be lip-synching for sure.

but

at a certian point during the song, perhaps during a solo or while she prances to the other side of the stage, the microphone will be turned on which automatically over-rides the track, while she says something that has been rehearsed like C'MON NEW ORLEANS to give the impression that she is live.

And as soon as that's done, the microphone will
be turned off again and the track continues to play .

If her timing is on, we shouldn't be able to tell. But also look for the long tv shot at this time that will make it harder to tell.

That's how they did it in the ole days when lip-synching hadn't been perfected yet. But she will definetly give the impression it is all live. It's all rehearsed and practiced.

I think the only way we'll know is if she messes up. It's happened to the best of them. They all mess up at one point.

pat

She's just trying to up the ratings at this point.

SusanCoyote

When does Bouncey thunder thighs NOT lip-sync???

Red Skye

She will lip sync this one too.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments