« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

SF 49ers Player Chris Culliver

I'm a Hateful Bastard

... But Only In My Head

1/31/2013 6:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0131_chris_culliver_article
San Francisco 49ers player Chris Culliver says HE's not really a homophobe ... but the voices inside his head sure are.

Culliver has released a nonsensical, insincere statement to save his ass after saying gay players are not welcome in his team's locker room and should stay in the closet until 10 years after they retire.

"The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel," Culliver said.

"It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience."

So the following questions are raised:
1) Is Chris' head disembodied from the rest of him?
2) Will he say or do anything to play in the Super Bowl no matter how detestable he is?
3) Doth he protest too much?

0920_gay_pride_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

tver

Insincere, manufactured by management apology...

Dom The Mover

its the truth, how many people contradict what goes on in their mind and what comes out of their mouth, me I dont have that problem, I deal with my phobia's wheather you agree or not

Jordan

Basically the 49er organization made him apologize. The 49ers thought the best way for him to play is apologize. The NFL might fine him for his comments, but that is as far as it will go for this disgusting human being.

your own luck

I have no dog in the Super Bowl showdown but after hearing this moron spout off, I am for Baltimore.

Laura

Total moron. Also, a little spell check. "Tollowing question"?

Ih8Taxes

Yes, you can say they were hurtful words but he is still protected under the 1st Amendment.

ABB

How ironic is it that White Americans felt the same way about this Culliver character and his race not too long ago.

Mikey

Yes 10 years, make that part of every contract.

Mikey

So he's wrong for not wanting to shower with homos?

Joe

Knocked down by the gay PC police..

Since there is a supporter of the gays on the Ravens, i'm all for the niners.. even if they are from the city of fruitcakes.

Mikey

When a black man finally makes sense everyone attacks him.

Zteven

I think the player in the pink headband and earrings doth protest too much.

girlshark

he's a dumb ass but only in his head.

sean

Someone may need just a tad more padding in his helmet.

TheTruth

Most people feels the way he does, but in today's society the pressure to be tolerant of perverted behavior has become enormous. He has the right to his opinion without apology. Anyone that thinks homosexuality is normal is really screwed up. Yea, planting your man meat in someone's poop shoot is normal. OK. It's not normal it's sick.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments