« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

SF 49ers Player Chris Culliver

I'm a Hateful Bastard

... But Only In My Head

1/31/2013 6:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0131_chris_culliver_article
San Francisco 49ers player Chris Culliver says HE's not really a homophobe ... but the voices inside his head sure are.

Culliver has released a nonsensical, insincere statement to save his ass after saying gay players are not welcome in his team's locker room and should stay in the closet until 10 years after they retire.

"The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel," Culliver said.

"It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience."

So the following questions are raised:
1) Is Chris' head disembodied from the rest of him?
2) Will he say or do anything to play in the Super Bowl no matter how detestable he is?
3) Doth he protest too much?

0920_gay_pride_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

mar1ey

Under the Personal Conduct Policy of the NFL, he cannot behave in a way that is considered detrimental to the integrity of the NFL, NFL clubs or its players. I would say he has done this. Let's see what Goodell does.

en Todo Momento!!

i mean when you really think about it, it is sort of like a man in a women's locker room. they'd flip out as well if some dude with a huge boner was in their changing and dressing room with them. why do gays expect that this is plainly tolerated simply because it is a lucrative organization? that you should be forced to feel comfortable with the presence of some male who penetrates other males sexually, and who is now in your private club employment locker room with you. maybe they just need their own personal 'gay' locker rooms, and if you are comfortable with joining them in there, then it's all you! i'm just sayin.. what do you think, harvey?

happypat35

I mean look at that picture of that sweaty, slimy guy in the gay pride pride, would any straight man want him tackling them or looking at him in the shower. I know I would feel like i'm being raped just by this creepy looking guy staring at me or touching me. What he said about no gays on the team was discriminatory, but geesh look at this slimy dude's pic, would you want him man handling you lol.

Ashley

WHO CARES!!! It's a freee country, he can like or dislike anyone he wants! No big deal, seriously!

jkcinlv

Chris Culliver here's what you meant, " you don't hate the person, but you despise the filthy lifestyle they live because it is SIN and it is dirty and perverted!! Don't even sweat it, because gay men shouldn't be in your lockerroom, right, thats like having a woman in there!!! I think your great.. GO NINERS!!!

suavechef1

I hate when they try to force this gay ish on us like every straight man has to accept it

jkcinlv

Chris , here is what you meant, you don't despise the person, but the lifestyle, because it is wrong, it is sin, it is vile and your head is right, you just have to put it out there like that, you shouldn't have to have a gay guy in your locker room - and you shouldn't have to make up an apology, that would be like allowing a woman in your locker room, right.. and they don't allow that.. GO NINERS, CHRIS YOU ARE ALRIGHT IN MY BOOK!!!

Scotchandeggs

This story is a reach. And to the guy who thinks Culliver has identity problems because he's wearing a pink headband in support of breast cancer is the exact zombie reader who aimlessly walks into these stories

djsjazzy

Lies Lies Lies!!

germs

I think it's funny that TMZ tried to find a picture of him wearing pink ( Breast Cancer Awareness Month). I'm assuming TMZ thinks that's funny because pink "is pretty close to gay" So in the end TMZ, you used a stereotypical pic of him, "haha he's wearing pink" so you succeeded TMZ. You continued the perceptiob of pink being color the color of the gays. To me this is as bad as what dude said.

Dennis Johnson

I agree with what he said about gays............

bernergirl

Even if he played, the trash talking on the field will be a death 100x's worse. I pray others are miched up for the game.

kronenburg

I love that you show a picture of him with a pink headband and a daintly little earring.

Ld34599

Who gives a flying f. I'm not butt-hurt. I would of issued a statement saying: "I stand by my comments"

jim

Its was a commit that should have never been said, even with the love for gays in the media. You know if you step out to the media in to the real world ...... gay is not so beloved as the media would brain wash us to believe.