« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

SF 49ers Player Chris Culliver

I'm a Hateful Bastard

... But Only In My Head

1/31/2013 6:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0131_chris_culliver_article
San Francisco 49ers player Chris Culliver says HE's not really a homophobe ... but the voices inside his head sure are.

Culliver has released a nonsensical, insincere statement to save his ass after saying gay players are not welcome in his team's locker room and should stay in the closet until 10 years after they retire.

"The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel," Culliver said.

"It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience."

So the following questions are raised:
1) Is Chris' head disembodied from the rest of him?
2) Will he say or do anything to play in the Super Bowl no matter how detestable he is?
3) Doth he protest too much?

0920_gay_pride_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Kris

How dare he! The audacity of this ignorant "icon" is appalling. Not even 60 years ago, his ancestors were the segregated minority. If everyone was allowed to continue to be hateful and continue on their bigoted endeavors, he wouldn't be raking in the millions he does as a professional NFL player. Segregation doesn't end at your race, it ends when everyone is allowed the same rights, period! This is shameful, and really disappointing. And for him to try and back-up his statement by sounding like a Schizophrenic maniac only lessens his credibility, and intellect. What a shame.

CLINT

I find it funny that a lot of you who hate gays and their lifestyle come to a site every day that is run by a gay host and have half a staff that are gay. It's your right to hate anybody you want, but to promote a lifestyle you disagree with is just silly.

avon mustafa

society goin to hell in a handbasket why do we have to walk on eggshells and bow down to ***gots and there way of life when ALLAHGOD don't accept that! I don't sanction or condone ******* in any form or fashion never have never will! I'm upset my kids have to come up and navigate through this unrighteous deenless society!

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

I think anyone with an advanced psychology degree, like myself, can see this troubled dumb ass is simply bi-curious. The thoughts in his head are telling him that he wants to kiss a man hahaha....

zilla

Good for him for speaking his mind. Can't stand these ****in ***gots. They need to be slaughtered. They are ****in disgusting,and should be lynched.

breezy

How would he feel if a gay guy said "I would never want a black guy as my teammate cuz he'd probably steal my wallet and rape my white sister"??

Caddtsrx3

SFO is a flaming gay city and this fool said what he did.... Bench his ass Sunday then cut him from thevteam

brett

Karl Pilkington has similar ideas about how the head, or the brain operates separately from the self.

zilla

kerrplunk

Tmz really? You people have no room to talk! Freedom of speech.

Leighton

Who?

Teresa Ducham

You are what you are- and you ain't what you ain't!

SpongeRob

4 9 ers got this ... His comment is jis opinion and it has nothing to do with the team , football or the SuperBowl .. This Dudes cousin Kim Kartrashian is breeding and Thats worse

Shelln

Gay is the new black. Blacks have had the floor for years, complaining about how their they weren't being treated right or how they were second class citizens. Well look at them now. Bashing another group and saying " oh we can't say anything or we might offend them". You are the last group who should be trash talking anyone. Pot meet kettle.

I AM 21

Isn't it weird how his grammar changed from the initial statement to this apology