Dustin Hoffman

TMZ Caused 'Luck' Cancellation

1/31/2013 11:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0131-dustin-hoffman-luck-tmzDustin Hoffman says the TMZ reports surrounding the deaths of 3 horses on the set of "Luck" last year are to blame for his show getting canceled ... claiming our facts were wrong.

Dustin just gave an interview to FoxNews.com, saying the "real" reason the show was canceled was due to a collaboration between PETA and TMZ ... and NOT because the public was upset that THREE horses died during production.

Hoffman said, "It’s completely distorted. Anyone who raises horses know they break their legs. The accusations they made were distorted."

He also directs people to the horse racing website Paulick Report for the "real reason the show was canceled."

Truth is, the TMZ stories are in sync with what was reported on the Paulick Report.

Here are the facts that we published on TMZ.com:

-- THREE horses died during the production of the show
(Confirmed by Paulick Report)

-- Horse #3 was euthanized on the set ... and production continued a few hours later
(Euthanasia confirmed by Paulick Report)

-- HBO acknowledged the deaths ... and released a statement saying “accidents unfortunately happen."

And the kicker ... the ratings for "Luck" weren't that great to begin with ... and there were MULTIPLE reports that HBO used the horse deaths as an excuse to cancel the show without having to admit failure.
(You can also read about that on the Paulick Report)

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes!

Sandi

I hate peta and even I wanted these horses protected from the mishandling that was apparently happening on this show.

If people want to do shows with animals then they had better treat them better that "Luck" did, 3 horses don't die that quickly unless they are not cared for properly.

I am Spartacus

Don't try to act like you guys didn't keep reporting on the horses dying and try to place or "direct" blame at the people involved in the show. TMZ loves to push their agenda and then when people speak out against them they try to act all innocent.

static

I guess he can't entertain possibility the show sucked.

Tiggy

Good job!! Whoever is responsible...good job. I hate shows that use animals anyway. The circus suxs too...when was the last time you saw and Elephant doing circles on a small drum?? yeah didn't think so!!

Jake

Looks like TMZ is getting a little defensive.

MikeyG

Get over yourself Dustin. You're long removed from your performances in The Graduate and Rain Man so stop acting like your genius went unrealized in that stinker of a show. HBO did you a favor.

Mike44090

TMZ is good for sounding the alarm for no reason. Because of insensitive reporting, poor sick Lindsay Lohan was forced get on a airplane and fly across the country endangering not only her own life, but the lives of everyone she came in contact with ;-)

Stace.

... And he went to Fox News to bicker about this?

doodoopapah

The show just sucked, admit it,...AND you killed 3 horses. so STFU!

judy jetson

Uh-oh Harvey!!! Dustin looks pretty angry in the photo I think he's coming for your ass!! No punt intended.

Mike G.

Fck you tmz! Your over hyping was one of the reasons The show got cancelled, and you're still doing it by reporting this story

SayWhat?

What an ass! I raise horses, never once has one broken a leg. I also don't put them in dangerous, unsafe situations like they did on the show. Go back to playing a woman Dustin. I just lost all my respect for you.

Mike G.

this was a great show!

Tracy

Well I guess I'm not a Dustin Hoffman fan anymore (not that he was all that great to begin with)...What a douche...who cares how the story got out there or by who...the fact that animals were not well and died is all I need to not watch a show...what a *******!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments