« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo

I'm a Recovering Homosexual

1/31/2013 11:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

013113_ron_dr_phil_gay
The man behind the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax -- a deeply religious Christian -- told Dr. Phil he believes he suffers from homosexuality ... and desperately needs to "recover" from it.

During his interview, Dr. Phil asked Ronaiah Tuiasosopo straight ... "Are you gay?"

Ronaiah replied, "If you look at this situation and everything that I've been through, I would say yeah I'm gay. But honestly I'm so confused."

Ronaiah -- who admitted he had deeply romantic feelings for Manti -- added, "It takes a lot of courage to recover from homosexuality and this type of thing and coming back to your real life. As hard of a task it is, I'm going to do all I can to live right."

Dr. Phil was blown away by Ronaiah's response, saying, "This is for another time, but I have so much to say to you about what you just said, because a lot of it bothers me so much." He added, "But we will talk about that another time."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Danielle123

LMAO. Recovering from homosexuality? I had no idea being gay was a disease. I can't...

joemyzster

every time I see pictures of him he looks fatter and fatter. maybe they should start focusing on the real issue here and not something you can't even change

Bruno

He is a pathological liar so, yeah, there's a pathology he needs to recover from.

PictureUp

ok Harvey..its your turn!!

Davis

Who's this guy think he's fooling ? Once a homo always a homo. Sorry dude your too far gone to recover. Bet some dude has you on your knees right now giving you a stomach full.

tgrfan42069

this guy is now trollilng the media with his fake interview.this guy is a great troll.trolled manti now trolling the media and getting paid to do so.

whatever

LMFAO! A "recovering homosexual" maybe watching 'manly' sports was part of his treatment until he fell for Manti Te'o in his tight Notre Dame uniform.

FLO

He is stupid, he may as well have said I am recovering from being born with blue eyes.

CKNJ

Recover from homosexuality? Give me a break.... just own up to who you are, dufus! You're gay, nothing wrong with that, just BE GAY. If you let a religion beat you down that is your own weak will!

Jackie

WOW it's so sad that there are people out there who still believe you can "cure gay". First of all who gives a sh*t if someone is gay....what's it to you?...how does it effect you? Second it's so heartbreaking that because of a "religion" his own family is telling this guy there's something wrong with him and he needs to be fixed. He will most likely be miserable, living a lie the rest of his life...and unfortunately dragging some poor woman into misery with him (when he gets married).

VEGAS76GW

What the **** does that mean?!?! Your either gay or YOUR NOT!!!!

haskel420

he choose to be gay then he quit .. he might relapse and choose again..

sophiastormy

Bull dude you are gay. Face the facts. MAnny is too. Try to hide it all you want. You tried for years and it was an epic fail.

CANDICE_L

This story needs to go away now...it's insanely boring that involves a football star that has the IQ of diced carrots and another kid that does know if he (she) if coming or going....

Lo From Wisco

Yeah, good luck with that.