« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo

I'm a Recovering Homosexual

1/31/2013 11:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

013113_ron_dr_phil_gay
The man behind the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax -- a deeply religious Christian -- told Dr. Phil he believes he suffers from homosexuality ... and desperately needs to "recover" from it.

During his interview, Dr. Phil asked Ronaiah Tuiasosopo straight ... "Are you gay?"

Ronaiah replied, "If you look at this situation and everything that I've been through, I would say yeah I'm gay. But honestly I'm so confused."

Ronaiah -- who admitted he had deeply romantic feelings for Manti -- added, "It takes a lot of courage to recover from homosexuality and this type of thing and coming back to your real life. As hard of a task it is, I'm going to do all I can to live right."

Dr. Phil was blown away by Ronaiah's response, saying, "This is for another time, but I have so much to say to you about what you just said, because a lot of it bothers me so much." He added, "But we will talk about that another time."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

There's a problem here

What the he11 is a "recovering homosexual?" Did he have a lobotomy or something? You either is or you isn't.

JusticeINC

If people would be nicer to gays than he and Te'o would be married right now. Shame on all of you!

Lynn M

This guy is a mess. I don't believe most of what came out of his mouth. Guess we'll see if he can fake the female voice tomorrow. I doubt it. He needs therapy but not for being gay but for his personality issues. I don't buy the "I may be gay excuse". There is no excuse for what he did to Manti.

Tell the truth

Why? So ---------

anonymous

It's just really sad that this guy can't just be himself because he is too afraid of what people will think about him.

Lekili

Why are people wasting their time with this fool?
Being gay is not something you "recover" from, it's who you are.
This guy is a fool but the bigger fools are the ones paying him to tell his twisted story. GO AWAY!

Scott

Sighhhhhh peer pressure sucks, but enough of this attention seeking hore. How much did he make from this interview and how much will he make in the future all because he led someone on. What I mean is if you commit a crime you cannot benefit from it I see no difference in this case otherwise you encourage the behavior.

Peace.

Celticlass8

Well that's what being a Mormon does to you....screws you up royally in every way...(Former Mormon) There is NOTHING to "recover" from...being gay isn't a sickness or "bad"...embrace who you are dude

loe

Two idiots talking does not make it wiser.

CriticXtreme

Dudes will say anything to stay relevant and be on TV. If you've found the magic solution to being a MO, you've found a financial gold mine and the Bravo Channel will never be the same.

Boop

Huh?

Lulubelle

Recover from being gay? ...I'm sure he'll have as much success as a straight person recovering from being heterosexual...

Nonsense

A dude that has that many vowels in his name is bound to be confused. He can't even introduce himself without a stutter. From now on you are known as Doug. Doug you are cured!!

Alan

I don't understand why being gay is looked at as taboo. Why can't he admit it?! I wouldn't be ashamed to say "I'm straight."

Soamazing

I have only heard bits and pieces of this story, but, sound like a story that is out of control. STOP! THINK! SPEAK! It's hard to come out. DON'T speak if you are confused. Just STOP! Find a group, ask for help. Find out what the next step is for you. Do you! Out of the public eye.