« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo

I'm a Recovering Homosexual

1/31/2013 11:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

013113_ron_dr_phil_gay
The man behind the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax -- a deeply religious Christian -- told Dr. Phil he believes he suffers from homosexuality ... and desperately needs to "recover" from it.

During his interview, Dr. Phil asked Ronaiah Tuiasosopo straight ... "Are you gay?"

Ronaiah replied, "If you look at this situation and everything that I've been through, I would say yeah I'm gay. But honestly I'm so confused."

Ronaiah -- who admitted he had deeply romantic feelings for Manti -- added, "It takes a lot of courage to recover from homosexuality and this type of thing and coming back to your real life. As hard of a task it is, I'm going to do all I can to live right."

Dr. Phil was blown away by Ronaiah's response, saying, "This is for another time, but I have so much to say to you about what you just said, because a lot of it bothers me so much." He added, "But we will talk about that another time."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jackie

Is he really that dumb...recovering..huh?

Phishie from Philly

Dude, listen to me closely. "You're gay"!
And I know this was all staged for Manti Te'o to get sympathy and show the world he can still play the sport over tragedy. They both think everyone is stupid. They are both pathological liars.
Phishie from Philly

O PINYON8TD

Finally, someone who realizes and admits that being queer is a mental disorder!

It's Me

Recovering homosexual? I KNEW it. It is a choice afterall.

JimmyB

He's the only one who's confused.

d-nutt

Recover probably isn't the most appropriate term, but at least this guy gets it and feels some sense of personal responsibility, unlike you dolts. He realizes his sexual perversion and wants to distance himself from it. He can be "cured" by not putting himself in situations that lead to homosexual encounters. It is no different than someone that goes around drilling every girl he encounters and fathers children in different cities, and then realizes he has a sexual perversion and changes his lifestyle to stop acting in that manner.

Is anyone here going to suggest his homosexuality hasn't severely negatively impacted his and several other people's lives?

XDrinker

I've ignored most of this saga, because truly, I couldn't care less about college football, but I watched Part I of the Dr. Phil interview with this dude, did some more reading about the whole "hoax" and here are my thoughts:

-I could understand if someone had a brief online relationship with someone in which there was a some flirting, maybe even some phone sex. But that's not the case here. Which makes me VERY suspicious.
-Why didn't Manti insist on skyping? Insist of meeting? Suggest ANY sort of face-to-face time?
-The number of people this Ronaiah guy claims to have impersonated grows daily...he played the GF, her twin brother, her "sister", nurses in a hospital, etc, etc, etc. Also suspicious.
-While impersonating "Lennay" he spoke to lots other players on the ND team. None of them were suspicious?
-I remember college, and I remember the football players. I could care less what anyone says about what a "great and caring" person Manti is...football players think they are God's gift to the world. They are enormously popular and can have any girl they want, any time. For Manti Te'o to claim that this was "the love of his life" is absolutely ridiculous...he never met her!

Okay, so the bottom line? I think Manti is gay. I think telling people that he had a serious girlfriend that he never had to meet or actually BE with physically stopped anyone from wondering why they never saw him with any women.

I don't care how many people come forward and say that online dating is popular now, or that back in the day, soldiers in WWII would have relationships with women by mail, and then marry them...something about this whole story STINKS.

In this day and age, for someone to go YEARS claiming that he has a serious relationship when he has NEVER EVER MET THE PERSON tells the whole story right there.

This is either an elaborate publicity stunt (and I don't think Te'o is bright enough to dream it up) or quite simply, he is gay. It all makes sense. He is Mormon, he goes to a Catholic college, and his culture (Samoan) frowns heavily on homosexuality.
How convenient to have a girlfriend that he never has to meet, never has to have sex with, never has to truly acknowledge. It's the perfect cover for a closeted gay man.

Finally, the answer to Couric's question also reveals a lot. If you're NOT gay, you don't feel defensive and threatened when asked if you are. Manti's answer to the question should have been simply "No." But instead, he has to say "Far, far, from it." Way too defensive.

As far as this Ronaiah guy, if he really did pull off a stunt like this, he's one sick dude. Impersonating someone is bad enough...but pretending you're dying of cancer? Pretending you're sick from chemo? Shame on him. Wouldn't it be interesting if Karma kicks this jerk in the ass and he actually ends up with leukemia?

I wonder how much $$$ he got paid by Dr. Moron (aka Dr. Phil) for that interview? if he had any sort of a conscience, any sort of integrity, he would have refused to be paid, or given ALL the money to cancer research. The guy's a psycho.

Okay, I"m done. Anyone agree with me?

Flyboy

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo is looking for headlines. Ronaiah Tuiasosopo is making offensive comments to get attention. And more than likely at this point, the man is trying to cover for Te'o's sexuality. It's incredibly obvious, and this guy needs to be ignored.

durr

Deeply religious? More like deeply disturbed.

Kelly05

I'm so tired of this story

teosmahmah

Someone get this guy laid and I meand LAID cuz this mada phaka needs some puuuuNAnayyyyy!!!

@$|-||€!G|-|

***got

@$|-||€!G|-|

He's such a gay.

Snipperse

Didn't know that was something you could recover from.......

Sharon1826

He's Gay....no doubt about. The Gay community called this one as soon as the story broke. He stayed on the phone way too long. A prankster would have stopped and moved on. Both of them are idiots...