« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo

I'm a Recovering Homosexual

1/31/2013 11:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

013113_ron_dr_phil_gay
The man behind the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax -- a deeply religious Christian -- told Dr. Phil he believes he suffers from homosexuality ... and desperately needs to "recover" from it.

During his interview, Dr. Phil asked Ronaiah Tuiasosopo straight ... "Are you gay?"

Ronaiah replied, "If you look at this situation and everything that I've been through, I would say yeah I'm gay. But honestly I'm so confused."

Ronaiah -- who admitted he had deeply romantic feelings for Manti -- added, "It takes a lot of courage to recover from homosexuality and this type of thing and coming back to your real life. As hard of a task it is, I'm going to do all I can to live right."

Dr. Phil was blown away by Ronaiah's response, saying, "This is for another time, but I have so much to say to you about what you just said, because a lot of it bothers me so much." He added, "But we will talk about that another time."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Kelsey

Oh God here we go with all these religious nuts.

Charlie Sheen's Watch

This fat kid is gay for attention.

Why the bell is this even a story? Nobody cares! Now, if there was an attractive female involved - maybe it would be a story. Even the female in the pic used isn't attractive.

So move along children! No story!

freaksober

good for him...homos SHART all the time anyway

DaveT

I'm a recovering recovery addict

Anonymouse

Recovering. Because its a sickness. Smdh

Moment of Clarity

This whole story is getting re-god-damned rediculous. Enough already!

eicarr

I pray he gets cured.

shelley

I feel really sorry for him if this is truly how he feels. It's sad that he can't just be who he wants to be. The sadder part is there are probably thousands of other people struggling to fit it just like him.

The Love Sponge

Praise Jesus and pass the condoms.

Jenn

What does "a deeply religious Christian" have to do with anything...throw the Christian card out there so you can make all Christians look bad. Seems like a trend these days....

bigcasino

recovering? right! lol.

zoolady

It's gay-ok to be yourself Ronaiah. Lose the church, find people who love you for who you are. Starting with you.

Leighton

It's not a disease...there's nothing to recover from. Love yourself as you are.

Oh no he didn't!

Gay men are smart, attractive, in great shape, love women, awesome cooks, clean, well-groomed and generally polite. So, if Ronaiah "recovers", will he be the opposite of these qualities?

Iris Myandowski

is there a patch or like some Dickorette gum for that?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments