TN State Senator

Homosexuality Is Dangerous

2/1/2013 2:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

020113_senator_tmzlive_launch
Tennessee State Senator Stacey Campfield (R-Knoxville) has a message to the gay community -- stop ramming the gay agenda "down everybody's throats" and leave the straight people alone!!!

Sen. Campfield just called in to "TMZ Live" to talk about the strongly-worded email he sent to a pro-gay voter ... who had objected to a bill Campfield recently reintroduced to the Tennessee General Assembly.

During the call, Campfield insists he doesn't hate gay people -- he just doesn't believe students from kindergarten through 8th grade should discuss ANYTHING gay related.

Among the highlights:
-- Campfield says the people in the gay rights community are "the biggest bullies in the world."

-- Campfield says comparing the gay rights movement to the African American civil rights movement is "insulting to the civil rights movement of the black people."

-- Campfield says he wishes the gay community would just leave the straight people alone ... saying, "We don't wanna hear about it every day ... quit trying to ram it down everybody's throats ... and quit pushing it on everyone. Just leave us alone."

Some people in the newsroom disagreed with the State Senator's views ... check out the video.

LLsez

Dina Lohan ‏@dinalohan
Tmz is a farce nothing b ased on facts ! Harvey what kind of law do you practice ??? Do some background checks !!!

ellie

The bill he is behind also requires teachers to report gay students to their parents.

Luz

And I don't know where all these pro gay "laws" have come to be. As far as I know, in our system, in order to have laws it has to be submitted to polls or voting. This gay thing has gone too far.

LLsez

Dina Lohan ‏@dinalohan
I love Penny Marshal

DaMaddBarber

You can't force your beliefs onto everyone. If you want to be gay, let it stay your business. Sexual orientation shouldn't even be a conversation in an elementary school. Comparing it to being black/African-American/negro is really band wagon riding. Besides Black History Isn't taught in elementary schools except maybe in February. So many homosexuals act like it is an obligation to accept their lifestyle, and if not you're homophobic or a basher! If there is so much hurt and embarrassment regarding your life choice then maybe you should keep your INTIMATE ways to yourself. Elementary School is way too early for these discussions, period! And I'm a father that has a step daughter that is gay.

skeyehi

Can't help it, have to speak my mind. I read about how gay people parade around with rainbows, glitter, etc. to announce their sexual preference. We have to acknowledge that some women dress with tons of makeup, short skirts, booby exposing clothes to attract men. We as a society call them whores. Prostitutes. Society as a whole looks down upon them because they are going out of their way to bring attention to their sexuality. Well, did the gay population ever stop to think that maybe society doesn't have as big of a problem with your sexuality as we do that you are flaunting desire for sex in general? Place and time for everything. Work places have rules against dressing like a whore, but the gay community wants the right to be able to express sexual preference? Just saying...

Jack

For all we know in the next 20 years the population will decrease because of homosexuality spreading like a disease. May be there should be an island for all homo's ..Gaynaishtan probably that way, well all the gay monkeys can sniff each other and leave the rest alone. what do u say? May be pitch this idea to the senator?

Grandma Cracker

Oh for FFS! Would someone just give Lindsay Lohan an Oscar already and put an end to this controversial debate once and for all!

We all know that she is bi

LLsez

Lindsay Lohan's famous quotes over the years: 2005 "I don't make mistakes"
2006 "It will never happen again"
2007 "I've learned from my mistakes"
2008 "I've learned from my mistakes"
2009 "I am learning from my mistakes"
2010 "I'm just a kid"
2011 "I have learned from my mistakes"
2012 ''I have no regrets''
2013 "I only charge $100 a day"

Mig

It's always nice to see self-righteous *******s implode right before our eyes, isn't it? So long, Senator.

Jericho Morton

Some are more equal than others, in such Utopia's.

Grandma Cracker

There are more important issues here! Is Lindsay in shorts and socks too, or has she gone back to Chanel?

Cynthia Clark

Sen. Campfield gives Tennesseans a bad name. Be assured that all Tennesseans do not support his teabilly wingnut agenda. He is also trying to pass legislation that would take 30% of TANF (Temporary Aid for Needy Families) payments from families of children who don't perform up to a "satisfactory" level in school. He is being ripped on his Facebook page and in the media. Many Republicans don't even support his ideas. As a Democrat and a Tennessean, I can tell you that I think he's a complete moron. His ideas on homosexuality are repulsive and his attempt to punish little Johnny if he doesn't make As and Bs by taking money out of his parents' pockets is despicable. Imagine the stress that would put on a child that already is suffering from poverty and who knows what else. He answered an irate email by suggesting the author get mental help. He's unprofessional and a disgrace to the office he miraculously holds. He had the nerve to joke on local TV about your TMZ interview saying he guessed you had heard about his date with J-Lo. Hopefully the voters who backed him have seen him for what he really is. A local restaurant owner of the Bistro at the Bijou refused service to Campfield and banned him from the restaurant for his remarks about gay people and the origin of the AIDS virus.

LLsez

Dina Lohan ‏@dinalohan
I'm so proud of my 4 children !!!!

scoopie

What annoys me is when you're watching, say, a cooking show and the person HAS to tell you that they're gay. So what? What does that have to do with cooking? It's your private life and it should stay that way.