TN State Senator

Homosexuality Is Dangerous

2/1/2013 2:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

020113_senator_tmzlive_launch
Tennessee State Senator Stacey Campfield (R-Knoxville) has a message to the gay community -- stop ramming the gay agenda "down everybody's throats" and leave the straight people alone!!!

Sen. Campfield just called in to "TMZ Live" to talk about the strongly-worded email he sent to a pro-gay voter ... who had objected to a bill Campfield recently reintroduced to the Tennessee General Assembly.

During the call, Campfield insists he doesn't hate gay people -- he just doesn't believe students from kindergarten through 8th grade should discuss ANYTHING gay related.

Among the highlights:
-- Campfield says the people in the gay rights community are "the biggest bullies in the world."

-- Campfield says comparing the gay rights movement to the African American civil rights movement is "insulting to the civil rights movement of the black people."

-- Campfield says he wishes the gay community would just leave the straight people alone ... saying, "We don't wanna hear about it every day ... quit trying to ram it down everybody's throats ... and quit pushing it on everyone. Just leave us alone."

Some people in the newsroom disagreed with the State Senator's views ... check out the video.

Jen

Nothing is as dangerous as ignorance though...

tgrfan42069

they are.see all the comments on his stories and the story about the sf player..nothing but name calling and so forth just because he spoke his opinion. stop heterophobia

Bagheera

The funny thing is that the only time I hear about the "gay community", a celebrity or politician wants to make it illegal for them to exist or be spoken of in a positive light.

tgrfan42069

Bagheera
0 1
Clear Vote

Should heterosexuality be talked about around <12 year olds? Should they be taught that heterosexuality is the only right option?
---
I am sorry, but I am going to have to disagree with you. Homosexuality should be taught in school Children should understand what homosexuality is (No, it is not a flamboyant man ordering margaritas raping you in the showers).

-----------------------------------------------

no they shouldnt.they will learn about it as they get older.also any male who touches a little boy is gay.

beaconradar

I thought the way TMZ, namely Harvey & Matt, conducted themselves during the interview with the Senator was appalling. I don't agree with everything the Senator said but he made valid points & expressed that he wanted kids to be kids, and not have sexuality jammed down their throats. In middle school/high school, etc, there is time for those talks. BUT LET KIDS BE KIDS. That's all the Senator was trying to implement.

Anytime Harvey talks about wanting to hear from rational people on the opposing side of gay rights, when someone comes on to present the opposite side in an educated manner, he slaps them down and jumps on them without letting them finish. This Senator unlike the 49er player was actually making rational remarks that weren't extremist, stating his points and opinions, and you jumped down the guy's throat.

With Matt, the Senator talked about the homosexual community being ignorant and having this bully mentality. Rather than try to intellectually debate the Senator on the facts or his belief, Matt make juvenile cynical comments like "you were an elected Senator right?" -- as if Matt and his opinion/beliefs are somehow superior than the Senators, but in the end by making juvenile and ignorant comments, Matt came out the loser.

Evan was the only one in the office that showed true journalistic integrity by going at the Senator, not attacking him or insulting him, but by challenging the Senators views with similar situations, that would have either the Senator re-evaluate his viewpoint or had his view become hypocritical based on the responses he gave to Evan.

Gay people want to be considered equal and accepted, but when it comes to others viewpoints, they can't handle, accept, or consider equal, people that have a difference in opinion.

Overall, outside of Max, those at TMZ and those that share their viewpoints, live in this small bubble where they think everything they say is right and if you don't believe it, then you're bullied, called ignorant and stupid.

Sorry, the world doesn't work under your thumb. You should get outside the 30 mile zone and see how the rest of the world interacts and treats one another.

Tnvolgirl in Phoenix

This man is ignorant. Makes me ashamed to admit I am from Tennessee. I have gay family and friends. This man needs to be voted out of office. His interview here is proof that he is an idiot. Most kids realize that they are gay when they are young. What happened to separation of church and state? And the fact that he is nasty in his responses to people who disagree with him proves he should not be representing the State of Tennessee. I am a hard working, mentally stable, finanically stable, straight female who strongly disagrees. SCREW THIS GUY. This makes me so angry. Gawd!

DaveT

If you want to see what real bullies look and act like, just observe the feminists in government, such as here:
"Senator Barbara Boxer: "Don't Call Me Ma'am" - General Michael Walsh"
@ Youtube

skeyehi

I'm going to speak my mind on this subject once and for all .I'm a straight woman. I don't have an opinion on whether gays are right or wrong. What I do have a huge problem with is the gays always bashing people for not supporting them. In my opinion people should keep sex private. It doesn't belong in sports or the workplace. I don't walk around telling people I like men and if you don't support me you are prejudice. I don't demand fair treatment for being hetrosexual. I don't want men in my restroom when I'm using it so why don't gay men realize straight men don't want you using their restroom? I don't want to have to deal with being in sexual situations in every aspect of my life. I don't. Want to hear about someones sexual orientation evry time I turn on tv. I personally am sick and tired of hearing gay people protesting about their right to be gay. Straight people don't run around all day wanting and expecting the gay community to respect their choice so why do straight people have to deal with this? Whatever you do in your free time is your business. I keep my sex life and preferences to myself. Why can't the gay community do the same?

Gabe

Well AIDS is dangerous. Republican Senators' not so much.

Leighton

Bad day?

bernergirl

What an A$$!

Kraken

Talking to a classroom full of children about an adults sexual choice for a partner is insane. Gay or straight. That doesn't belong in a classroom. That should be between a parent and a child.

Johnbrnc

He looks just like a guy that blew me at a TN highway rest stop.

Leighton

I guess I'm the only person who sex-ed in elementary school. I didn't die or have a mental breakdown. Kids are, and should, be educated about sex.

VanessaTN

I support gay rights but I do agree with the senator also. Speaking as an African American I can say its annoying when my ethnic group throws out the race card on stupid stuff so why can't gay people step up and admit that sometimes they can throw it in others faces. It's not to say you shouldn't have rights because of this but figure out a different way to approach things. Comparing gay rights to civil rights,slavery, and lynchings isn't the way to go because it DOES NOT compare all though it is still wrong. Like I said instead of calling him ignorant and a closet gay realize he really didn't say anything offensive and he had a valid point just a admit it already.