Jermaine Jones

Dear 'Idol' Rejects ...

Don't Use ME in Legal War!!

2/2/2013 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0201_jermaine_jones_Article_getty_2Former "American Idol" contestant Jermaine Jones has a message for the "Idol" castoffs threatening to sue the show for racism -- keep his name THE HELL OUT OF IT!!

Jermaine -- who was disqualified from "A.I." back in March 2012 for outstanding arrest warrants -- tells TMZ ... he is "offended" his name was cited in the current legal battle brewing between the reality show and several former contestants.

TMZ broke the story ... nine African-American ex-contestants are threatening to sue the show, claiming "A.I." honchos are targeting black contestants for disqualification ... by using illegal background checks.

In legal docs ... the lawyer for the "Idol 9" cited Jermaine's premature elimination -- which only happened after a background check revealed his prior arrests -- as a catalyst for the planned lawsuit.

But Jermaine tells us ... "I am offended they tried to paint me as a victim of discrimination."

He continues, "I appreciate the experience from 'Idol' and embraced the good and bad from it."

Jermaine believes the "Idol 9" are using him for publicity -- but he adds, "I have moved on with my life ... and have not authorized them to include me in the accusations."

thestupid

Smart and honerable guy.

LadyN

Refreshing to see someone NOT want to be part of a lawsuit for a change. I wish him luck in the future.

jen

Kudos to Jermaine.

LISA

Props and much respect to him. His honor and morals are more important to him than money - now that's a REAL MAN!

AlwaysOnTimeB

I like the fact that he's taking a stand. He's also taking responsibility for his own actions, by not placing the blame on A.I. That shows he has really grown since his arrest and is trying to make a better future for himself, and not by trying to sue A.I.

Ashley

to all the racists that bunch our fellow
citizens in one box
how stupid do you look, given your point was all the blacks use the race card
so tell us geniuses, how come this guy is not participating in this?
shouldn't he be using the race card too?
proves the point again,
judge people based on individuality and not racially
generalizing them............
fun fact........:)

lanie

Good for you, Jermaine.. You're a smart man - for not wanting to get involved in that nonsense.. You made mistakes, but obviously have learned from them... Good on you for moving in a positive direction!

Susan62509

Obviously these 9 past contestants lied or didn't disclose on their A. I. application that they had been arrested in the past. So who is being dishonest in this situation? Arrest reports are public record which can be accessed on anyone's computer, so A.I. has not broken any laws.

Coochiepoot

nice to see he's not a sore loser. he might not have had the skills to stay on the show but he seems like a real stand up kinda guy. hope he does well in life.

Jordan

I hope if the losers that are suing for no good reason, and keep using Jermaine's name, I hope he sues them.

SayWhat?

I always liked Jermaine. He came off as a good guy that got taken down a bad path for a short time, but was straightening his life out. I'd love to see him go through the audition process again. Good luck to him, he's one of the good ones.

IceGypsy

Sounds like he's done a lot of growing up since the show. good for him.

Zavier

Honestly I think its not due to a color thing on American Idol's level, statistically (I'm half white and half black so I like to see both sides of this), black males are arrested more than white males of their age group and even more so than females of any color at certain ages. There could be racism there but the thing is when you look into these contestants past they did commit the crimes. Is it racist to do a background check, no. Is it racist to disqualify someone because they have a record, no. It's not even discriminatory since American Idol is not trying to create a real singer, they want someone squeeky clean to sell to kids and hardcore christians, I don't think people really bought their albums unless they already owned the kidz bop version (joking joking). The real discrimination case would be LGBT contestants, they actually have a real case.

Bruno

Honorable I like that in an entertainer.

I'Loner Weaver

JJermaine, I am so very proud of you! Keep pushing my love!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments