« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Colorado Rockies Star

Busted for DUI

2/6/2013 11:56 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Todd Helton Mug Shot
Colorado Rockies first baseman Todd Helton was arrested for DUI this morning -- and TMZ has the mug shot.

According to the police report, 39-year-old Helton was busted at 2:39 AM on 3 counts of drunk driving just outside of Denver.

Cops say Helton was cooperative.

A rep for the Rockies released a statement saying the MLB superstar "clearly understands the seriousness of his poor decision."

Helton -- a former All-Star -- was once considered one of the best hitters in baseball.

Helton just released a statement saying, "Last evening I exercised poor judgment and was charged with drinking and driving after driving to a gas station near my house. I am very sorry and embarrassed by my actions."

"I hold myself to a high standard and take my responsibility as a public figure very seriously. My entire career I have worked to set a positive example for my family and in our community and I fell far short of this standard."

"I sincerely ask my family, the Colorado Rockies Organization, Major League Baseball and the community to accept my apology. I make no excuses and accept full responsibility for my actions. I humbly ask your forgiveness.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Boing!

LMAOROTFLBTCSTCNDBFOOTWIFOAGWLLBGWTH
ROOTSAIAKBAYB

Witchiepoo

Ashley

another lose.......
grow up animal!

The Denver Steamer

Praise Jesus - Another bible thumper shows his true colors

Ozzie X

Does anyone exercise good judgement when drunk? The guy is a pro athlete with a MLB team I'm sure he has tons of food in his cupboards and fridge to satisfy the munchies.

EarlyCuyler

At least he man'ed up and admitted his error in judgement. Just don't do it again.

Toilethead

He can pay the same price for his mistake as anyone else would.

EasilyHard

He's giving .09 eye contact

Nun ja biz

He has always been a great role model. He made 1 mistake so he has my forgiveness.

Carl

A new entry for the Celebrity Mugshot Hall of Fame!

thisisme3

Did TMZ just get sponsored by ESPN?

Shouldn't throw stones u live in a glass house

Todd Helton you are a stand up guy this happens to the best of us some of these cops love getting people for DUI especially prominent people they feel its a notch in there belt then they drink in the police parking lot after work tell there stories about screwing you and drive home karma catches up to to everyone I respect you stepping up and admitting you drove drunk just like the millions of people doing it every night but it only makes the news if your a celebrity and the cops think there the **** good for you your still making. Millions while they tell the highlight of there career for the next thirty years that the locked up a baseball player while in there trailer home

LogicalPosition

Another out of control white athlete!

Bob

He can hit 100 mph basball but can't stagger to a gas station ? Clasic idiot.