Robin Roberts

Returning to 'GMA'

2/7/2013 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0207_robin_roberts_02
Robin Roberts is returning to "Good Morning America" after a 5-month leave so she could recover from her bone marrow transplant.

Robin has been battling a rare blood disorder -- myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) -- and has been struggling with the symptoms for a year.

She recently passed the 100-day mark -- an important milestone for bone marrow transplant recipients -- and has been easing her way back into action by showing up at the GMA studio to see how her skin would react to the lights and how she would react to the stress.

Sources close to Robin told us several weeks ago ... she would not be returning until May at the earliest, but apparently her doctors felt her progress exceeded expectations.

ABC now says it's all systems go ... and, by the way, side benefit for ABC -- it's all happening smack in the middle of sweeps.

LRT

Good news!

yolanda rhodes

i can't be the only one who thinks they strectch out her "illness" for publicity.........

yolanda rhodes

i can't be the only one who thinks they stretching her "illness" for ratings....come on already

Truth

OF COURSE she is coming back now. It's February, a ratings sweep period.

Woot

SO glad to hear this beautiful woman (inside and out) is back on track. Way to go, Robin!!

LizzieBlueEyes

Glad she is better but GMA is a complete clown fest! They need to fire that arrogant, pudgy Josh guy and that airhead Lara. If the Today show would just get rid of its dead weight, Matt, Al, Natalie ... I would return to it in a minute.

Marr

Robin I am so excited that you are coming back soon. I, as well as all of America missed you so much. I wish you the best come-back ever. You are so loved by many people, and I am so happy that all went well for you with all that you have been through. God Bless and keep you healthy for the rest of your day. Hugs to you.

Rita29

I’m excited to hear that Robin Roberts will be returning to Good Morning America. It’s also good to hear that her health has improved. I’m always at work at DISH when this is on so I record it. I like to set my DISH Hopper up to record this so that when I play it back I can start watching on my living room TV and then continue watching on my kitchen TV right where I left off. I play this back while I clean my house which makes it far more enjoyable.

Rita29

I’m excited to hear that Robin Roberts will be returning to Good Morning America. It’s also good to hear that her health has improved. I’m always at work at DISH when this is on so I record it using the PrimeTime Anytime feature. I have this set up on my DISH Hopper to record all primetime programs that come on the four major networks. This way, I never worry about forgetting to set up an individual timer.

NOT ELMO

she is nice but me would like to see a different black woman doing the job...

daisy

unless you know someone personally it's hard to know for sure, but she certainly SEEMS like a very genuine, upbeat, caring, compassionate person and I think that's why people feel connected to her, and care how she's recovering. There are so many shallow, self-involved people on tv it's refreshing to see someone natural and open like Robin Roberts (tho i could do with fewer god/religious references!) It's wonderful news for any cancer patient to be recovering ahead of schedule and we should all be so lucky.

Caddtsrx3

Too soon and gma probably giving her $$$$ bucks under the table

Mimi

I can't wait! Missed this brave, beautiful woman so much!!

David

Now's the time to stop watching that program (GMA). I don't want to see or hear this glorified bitch. I don't know anyone that like her.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2