Robin Roberts

Returning to 'GMA'

2/7/2013 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0207_robin_roberts_02
Robin Roberts is returning to "Good Morning America" after a 5-month leave so she could recover from her bone marrow transplant.

Robin has been battling a rare blood disorder -- myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) -- and has been struggling with the symptoms for a year.

She recently passed the 100-day mark -- an important milestone for bone marrow transplant recipients -- and has been easing her way back into action by showing up at the GMA studio to see how her skin would react to the lights and how she would react to the stress.

Sources close to Robin told us several weeks ago ... she would not be returning until May at the earliest, but apparently her doctors felt her progress exceeded expectations.

ABC now says it's all systems go ... and, by the way, side benefit for ABC -- it's all happening smack in the middle of sweeps.

sickandtired

who cares. another msm lib

jazzisbest

You go, Robin! We are all so anxious to have you return. We've missed you, and it has seemed like much longer than 5 months!

paul a.

Yes she is an MSM liberal, Obama sucking freak but she did show Sarah Palin and her supporters (yes, I am proud to call myself one) a lot of respect during an in-depth profile report and interview a couple of years ago. Unlike all her colleagues. And for that she has gained my respect.

Godspeed, Robin.

Ace

And just signed to a new short term contract.

luckycat

now all we need is the little Dutch boy

Sir Paul McCartney

Great!! Robin's a lovely women, met her before in New York. I dont really comment on other peoples' sickness and death anymore, mainly because people usually mistake my real feelings because i couldn't express them very easily. That's one of the things I often don't like about the way I come off. Like when John died, a reporter stuck a mic in my face and said, 'What do you think?' And I said, 'It's a drag' which of course seemed a really flippant thing to say. But later that night, I was weepin' and-a-wailin' and it all came out. I've given up excusing myself, saying, 'I'm awfully sorry, I'm not very good at this.' Sod it. I'm not going to thrash myself. You've got to think positive.

Gretel

Robin Roberts is a class act. GMA has become a zoo. She no longer belongs with those clowns and their circus-looking set. I' m glad she feels so well. She had a hell of a fight.

Rachael

Anyone else think she's milking this for all it's worth for the sake of her career?

GMAguy

Many feel the surge in ratings at GMA are a result of Amy Robach and her chemistry with the GMA team. Regardless of Robin's illness, it may be time for GMA to consider making a change. Of course, it wouldn't be PC right now. But a slip in ratings on her return will show who is pulling in the numbers.

Nonsense

Drama queen

DeeMaree

Robin have liked YOU everywhere you have been. Time to go back to ESPN. I just can't watch any of those stupid am shows that claim they are " news." I am a news junkie and the three networks would be my LAST choice to get my news. But I'm glad your better Robin. You have been n inspiration for many. Hope the cancer is finished with you.

cherries

I think that would be a big mistake. TV and film is a hard industry. I think it's too soon to go back to work. If she can get the time off she should TAKE IT. GMA can wait!! Even if her treatment is going well, I think she should rest, go somewhere tropical, put your feet up, get some R&R don't go rushing back to work. Health first!! I don't understand celebs who are sick but can't stop working...

JFO

God love her but I am sick to death of getting the blow by blow on her ailments and her recoveries. GMA is using this woman, as she is them, to boost their ratings and gin every up about her. None of the big three have any morning show that's worth a damn and GMA is no exception. It's much ado about nothing. I wish her luck and better health but enough already.

NoBozo

Congratulations on your swift recovery. Hope you are around for many years to come. Good health, always.

YouDontSay

What an inspiration! God Bless her.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments