Stevie Wonder

Supports Grammy Prudes

No Thongs? No Problem!

2/7/2013 6:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

020713_stevie_wonder_launch
Stevie Wonder says he totally backs CBS' push to ban risque clothing from The Grammys ... then again, he really doesn't know what he's missing!!!

Wonder was leaving The Sayers Club in L.A. last night when we asked about the network's email to the stars -- urging them to cover up their butt cracks, boobs and special no-no places for Sunday's big show.

Stevie told us he completely understands CBS' anti-skin efforts ... saying, "Children watch it too, ya know?"

0206_grammy_bad_fashion_footer_v2

Rocco

One of the things I like about musicians is that they are happy to defy authority.

I-See-Dumb-People

Whoever the horse's ass is at TMZ that took a cheap swipe at Wonder's blindness ought to be FIRED.

Sir Paul McCartney

That's good about the grammys..I think we should all dress up, if you have the talent it should'nt matter. We used to have to wear suits! Stevie's a great guy though. Love him! I've always been an admirer from the early days when we first heard him as "Little" Stevie Wonder with "Fingertips". Then I met him on and off [for a few years] and going to his shows. Eventually I asked him if we could record together "Ebony and Ivory". I spent some time with him in Montserrat to make that record. As guys you can have a good laugh - he's a lovely fellow. I just admire him so much and I think that it is kind-of mutual. He's always saying really nice things about me. He's such a musical monster. You sit down with him at the piano and immediately he's off. I know some of his old stories so I can joke with him and take the mickey. He was originally "Steveland Morris" and he was in a little blind school in Detroit. He was just one of the blind kids who happened to be musically gifted. He went to Motown to make "Fingertips" and then he was famous. He came back as "Little Stevie Wonder". So he once told me all the blind kids in the school used to call him [adopts mocking tone] "Wundurr". They didn't like him and were jealous of him. So now when I see him and if we pass in the corridor I say "Wundurr" and he immediately knows its Paul. We have little things in common which is cool.

Pudding Tang

Don't sweat it Stevie, none of them are even worth undressing in your mind anyway.

ltate

Good for Stevie for pointing that out. I could'nt watch the clip but would'nt been nice for Stevie to have called the guy out on the fact that Stevie is the last person to ask about viewing something with your eyes. What the hell!?!

Ace

All he needs is great Surround Sound hooked to a 12 inch black and white TV.

Ih8Taxes

Who watches this show anyway? Must be the low information voters.

Blue Lake

Yay Stevie. We're not all smut lovers ike the idiots who work for TMZ.

@iAMTIMWILSON

Stevie just hating because he can't sneak a peek

4reallikecomon

STEVIE CANT EVEN SEE...WHO NEEDS HIS OPION

4reallikecomon

Opinion i meant

c

Sorry to break it to you, Mr. Wonder, but no one watches the Grammy's anymore.

EasilyHard

Stevie is a genius

still2easy

Stevie Wonder has more talent than all the thug "artists" put together

jase