« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Superstar CM Punk

Gunshot Victim Deserves

BACKSTAGE PASSES!

2/7/2013 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0206-Shooting-Victim-cm-punk-wwe
Getting shot in the face has its perks, particularly if you're a wrestling fan -- just ask Thomas Dotterer, who's being treated like a champ by the WWE just days after some thugs blasted him while robbing his Syracuse liquor store.

The 77-year-old was in critical condition last week after taking a bullet to the eye ... but instead of complaining, he told the media he was more upset about the outcome of the WWE Royal Rumble because his favorite wrestler had lost!!!

"The Rock beat [CM] Punk. Did you know that?"

Word of the tough-as-nails fan got back to the WWE ... and the org. raced to get in touch with the guy.

In fact, we're told Dotterer already got a phone call from CM Punk and was promised ringside seats and a backstage pass the next time the org. comes to Syracuse.

It almost makes getting shot in the face worth it ... almost.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Stacy

That is such a beautiful thing to do for a die hard fan....that culdve died!! There are nice people left in the world!! ;-)

21stcent

Somebody got shot in a robbery and this is the first we here of it? Main stream media missed this gun story.
They are slipping

CrimsonLove81

I'm a fan of the WWE and it's so encouraging to read stories like this and hear about their continued contributions in so many positive directions. They do so much good that many people don't know about. They're ongoing support of our troops, make a wish, breast cancer research, anti-bullying...they're comitment to many organizations is inspiring. I admit the wrestling and story lines can be weak but their support is strong and incidents like this is why I continue to be a fan!

Gretel

Maybe you could point him towards a barber too.

Good riddance!

I think it's awesome that wresting supports their fans like this, but I wouldn't be too broken up over a 'loss' of a title, as wrestling is........aww...nevermind. Good for them though and I hope they catch the dirty scuzbuckets that shot this poor guy.

blakhoode

WWE has always been good about things like this and Punk is the kind of person that respects hard work and toughness. I just wonder what The Rock thinks of all this. I know he wasn't Dotterer's favorite, but considering his name was brought up and he's "The People's Champion", you would think he would have liked to link himself to this kind of good PR.

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

I miss the days of Hogan and Ultimate Warrior...you know, when the wrestling was real. Good for you WWE!!

twinkle toes

I'm from the 'cuse and it has been all over the news here. As far as main stream media coverage...they are too far up Kim K and Lindsey Lohan's asses too worry about anything else, like this or medical coverage being taken away from active duty and retired military. IMO

Big G

Is that CM Punks dad? There is a resemblance, just saying.

Koko24

Thats awesome of the WWE to do that for that man

D-INCARNATION

I hope Brock Lesner does a run in and gives Tom the F5........

ok

I tune in the show just for CM Punk.
His speeches are always epic!

karlew

Question Is The Rock still Dwayne Johnson or is it some other guy now? I don't watch wrestling but know Johnson used to wrestle under the name The Rock.

cademom

I feel like the WWE is always doing things like this for its fans. It is so inspiring, Thank you WWE.

Renee baker