"Small Wonder" Star

I'm DYING to Get on

'Dancing with the Stars'

2/8/2013 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0207-tmz-jerry-supiran-today
Jerry Supiran -- the guy who played V.I.C.I.'s wholesome brother Jamie Lawson on the classic sitcom "Small Wonder" -- says he's ready to be famous again ... and now he's officially campaigning for a spot on the next season of "Dancing with the Stars."

Jerry ... (how do we put this delicately?) ... has "changed" a lot since his younger days after falling on some pretty hard times.

0207-jerry-supiran-1985
In fact, Supiran says he spent time living in a homeless shelter after a stripper ex-girlfriend stole his trust fund money.

But now, at 39 years old ... and after various restaurant jobs ... Supiran tells TMZ he wants to make a TV comeback and thinks he would be a perfect fit for "Dancing."

"I'm hoping there will still be interest since people are all about nostalgia these days ... hopefully producers will give me a chance."

Supiran says he hasn't heard back from the show ... yet ... but if he does make it, he's GOTTA DO THE ROBOT!!!!!!

Spicy mag

Small wonder was one of the worst sitcoms of all time. And that kid broke my gaydar meter, I'm surprised he had stripper girlfriends. He will never get on dancing with the stars, he's not actually famous. You need name recognition to be on that show. Tina Yothers might have a shot and that's pushing it.

fujimo

be as good as any of the other nobodies on fhat shoe

Carl

Even by 80s standards that was a ridiculous sitcom, and it wasn't on the air all that long. It is too obscure to really be a draw for DWTS, and if they were going to pick anyone the robot girl is the only logical choice. Too bad for him that VH1 isn't scraping the bottom of the barrel for anyone with even a tiny claim to fame anymore.

BE

That was my show back in the day!! Damn, I'm old!! LOL.

zoolady

I hope he gets to do the show. I haven't heard the dude talk, but just from the photo, the right people could clean up his face and with a good haircut, cleanshaven, the right clothes, they could bring out that cute little boy who was a tv heart-throb for little elementary school girls across America who have all grown up and become good consumers of household cleaning products. There's a whole group of adult women who watch DWTS who loved Jamie Lawson.

jerseysrants

First of Dancing with the Stars is a waste of air time bring back the shows that had actual writers and GOOD REAL Actors.. An as for Jerry this guy hasn't been relevant since 1987.. He blew all his money not our fault

yenny

I remember that show! It looks like he's had a rough time, and I feel sorry for him, but the only way DWTS will ever call him is if they need a janitor or something.

Sabrina

Classic show?? It was so stupid!

Nvts

Sorry buddy..not going to happen. Time to get a real job. Home Depot is hiring.

Jamey Hunter

I don't remember this show at all. Stripper ex girlfriend stole his trust money?! Yeah, right, only if you let her.

Valentina1

Some things are better left unsaid. Geez....get a fricken job already, bum!

EasilyHard

Vicky was lazy

JimmyB

"Classic sitcom". ...Never heard of it.

Doddie McClure

Way to young To remember that show. So I have no say

Allison Ray

It might be a fun "comeback" story. He would get in great shape, shave that scruffy beard and havefun. Maybe a nice "feel good" story.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments