Chris Brown

Claims His Car Was Totaled

in Paparazzi Crash

2/9/2013 3:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0209_chris_brown_car_splash
update_bar
6:10 PM PT -- A spokesman for the Beverly Hills Police department released a statement saying, "On February 9, 2013 at approximately 1203pm, entertainer Chris Brown was involved in a solo, non-injury traffic collision in the 600 Block Bedford Drive/Camden Drive alley. Mr. Brown was the driver of the vehicle and collided with a wall. Brown stated that he was being chased by paparazzi causing him to lose control of his vehicle. Brown's Black Porsche was towed from the scene at his request."

0314_divider_graphic

Chris Brown's car was totaled this afternoon after an alleged run-in with a pair of paparazzi, this according to the singer's rep.

A rep for Brown tells TMZ he was driving in his car -- on his way to a charity event -- when he was cut off by two vehicles. The rep claims "the occupants jumped out, with cameras, and aggressively approached his vehicle. In an effort to remove himself from the situation, he began to back down an alley at which point his was cut off by two additional vehicles."

The rep continued, "Chris' vehicle was totaled due to this agressive pursuit by the paparazzi. He is okay."

Brown's car can be seen in the photo above, after it had been taken to the tow yard.

Bitchplease

Harvey hook me up so I can kick his ass. Seriously.

Bitchplease

I don't condone violence but I've never wanted to kick someone's ass b4!

Bitchplease

Me. This bitch. In a ring. He'd be cryin. Guaranteed.

Blanche

The car is not totaled. There would have to be $100K in damage to total that car. For a homophobe, Chris Brown sure is a drama queen!

sabrina

I JUST DON'T GET HOW ITS A LOT OF (STARZS) BEEN IN TROUBLE FOR BEATING THEIR MATES OVER AND ****ING OVER WHICH I NEVER WOULD AGREE WITH BUT, THIS YOUNG MAN MAKES ONE HORRIBLE MISTAKE!! THE MEDIA CONTINUES TO TARGET CHRIS AND RHIANNA AND OTHERS HAVE FORGIVEN HIM!! HE'S NO OJAY SIMPSON THIS IS A KID WHOM **** UP ONE TIME!! GIVE IT A DAMN REST AND GET A LIFE AND STOP MAKING HIM A TARGET FOR WHAT HAS TAKEN PLACE WITH ALL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE WOMEN!! I AM A PAST VICTIM OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND I JUST DON'T SEE HIM AS A STRAIGHT UP WOMEN BEATER!! I JUST SEE HE MESS UP ONE TIME AND MADE A **** UP CALL IN WHICH I FEEL LIKE HE HAS PAID FOR TIME AND TIME AGAIN!! AND THE PUBLIC NEEDS TO MINE THEIR LIVES AND BACK OFF THAT KID!!! AND THE PROSECUTOR WHOM ABUSING HER/HIS POSITION NEEDS A LOOK INTO WHY SHE/HE FEEL THE NEED TO GO AFTER THIS YOUNG MAN BECAUSE YOU CAN AND WANT MEDIA PUBLICITY AND TO BE GLORIFIED NEEDS REMOVE ABUSING TAX PAYERS DOLLARS FOR NO CALL FOR BECAUSE HE OR SHE CAN NEEDS FIRED!!! STOP MAKING THAT KID A TARGET!!

sabrina

Piper

You don't know what "totaled" is. Exaggerated as usual.

CMC

If the Paparazzi were right there chasing him WHERE ARE PHOTO'S OF THE CRASH???? I think this is a crappy excuse!

Mario

Ugh. He lived? That sucks.
Would have been HILARIOUS is he was stuck inside the car and it started on fire.

Shana

Oh this is soooo fake!
Charity event - FAKE
Papps cornering him in alley - FAKE
Car totaled - FAKE (a little crunch)
They need to ask him to take a polygraph test...
just for ****s and giggles

Shana

He probably slammed someone's face into his car... has Rihanna been seen lately?

sweetthang

A rep for Brown tells TMZ ! Really?! A rep from Browns' camp calls TMZ to tell them Chris had an incident with a wall?? If Chris Brown ever felt cornered he would give them the finger or the fist, whichever was more effective, but "Back Down an Alley" ......ah Nope!! Nope !! Never!!

Lydia

If I were a celebrity that the paps go crazy for, I would get the darkest darkest window tint possible and just eat the tickets the police gave me. Of course, no eat them... but you know. lol

JrzGrl

Totaled? Says who? Not even close. Gimme a break.

Shane

It doesn't matter whether Rihanna "has let it go." Anyone in their right mind knows that those who are abused are the last to accept what happened to them. But even if she has forgiven him, that doesn't mean anyone else has to forgive or forget. Chris Brown, in my opinion, is one filthy, spoiled, immature little punk. I hope someday someone beats him exactly the same way he beat her. Maybe then he'll get that ridiculous s*h*i*t - eating grin off his face.