Chris Brown

Claims His Car Was Totaled

in Paparazzi Crash

2/9/2013 3:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0209_chris_brown_car_splash
update_bar
6:10 PM PT -- A spokesman for the Beverly Hills Police department released a statement saying, "On February 9, 2013 at approximately 1203pm, entertainer Chris Brown was involved in a solo, non-injury traffic collision in the 600 Block Bedford Drive/Camden Drive alley. Mr. Brown was the driver of the vehicle and collided with a wall. Brown stated that he was being chased by paparazzi causing him to lose control of his vehicle. Brown's Black Porsche was towed from the scene at his request."

0314_divider_graphic

Chris Brown's car was totaled this afternoon after an alleged run-in with a pair of paparazzi, this according to the singer's rep.

A rep for Brown tells TMZ he was driving in his car -- on his way to a charity event -- when he was cut off by two vehicles. The rep claims "the occupants jumped out, with cameras, and aggressively approached his vehicle. In an effort to remove himself from the situation, he began to back down an alley at which point his was cut off by two additional vehicles."

The rep continued, "Chris' vehicle was totaled due to this agressive pursuit by the paparazzi. He is okay."

Brown's car can be seen in the photo above, after it had been taken to the tow yard.

Mike

Since they were right there, I'm sure the paparazzi got pictures of Chris's smashed up car so where are they TMZ?

I wonder if Chris's Porsche looks as bad as Lindsay Lohan's Porsche after she totalled it by ramming a big truck in the back bumper.

skintag

Chris is the source of his own trouble, no doubt about it.

Vivian

So I guess the next time I'm stuck in Santa Monica traffic (three blocks an hour kinda traffic) I can bash my way out of it. Hhhmmm... I see some great possibilities here.

hot like fire

I am not black but I am tried of people hating on this guy yes he did wrong 4 years ago not one of u on here sitting behind the computer was in the car with them not one of u guys are day in and day out within their house holds we only know wat site like this put out so who are we to judge I know a lot of u guys are woman beat or man beater or did wrong and was happy when u guys got a break leave this young man alone they are lots of others who has more fame and money than him doing worst and gets way with it let God judge him not man and before uno start I donot gave a **** wat anyone of uno say

sam

His life is so full of drama, day after day. Hard to believe a word he says...

lori

Why are people saying it's Chris's fault? If police from beverly hills confirmed it with TMZ that paparazzi was involved then why are people blaming chris? GEEZ people get it through your thick ass skull.

I'm out :-/

They must leave Chris alone! I fear he may become victim of paparazzi just like Michael Jackson

bernergirl

The photos of him in sweatpants are on justjared .com .... For anyone curious (but I didn't see the car totalled do maybe it was right before!)

starkuskilderry

Hard to believe this whole scene includung a massive car wreck that totalled a car went down without a single witness to it.

Mike

Lindsay has wrecked her car several times in the past trying to elude the paparazzi. I hear she would routinely run stoplights to get away.

The paps shouldn't be doing what they do but the celebrity shouldn't be driving like a maniac trying to elude them either.

If I recall, Lindsay nearly ran over a woman pushing her baby in a stroller at a stop light a few years ago. Getting your picture taken and listening the stuff the paps yell at them is annoying to celebs but it isn't the end of the world. It's not worth driving like a maniac and risking your life or other people's lives.

oleman

of course he was on his way to a charity event!!!

Woot

If that happened, I'll eat my laptop RIGHT now. And I'm not even remotely hungry, so NO.

Pam

So, while backing up he totaled his vehicle?? How fast was he going?? The police ONLY confirmed the paparazzi and CB were involved in the accident. We all know CB never reacts in an aggressive behavior!!!

Truth

MAN, WHY THESE 2 BITCHES - BROWN AND LESLO - ALWAYS GETTIN INTO SH*T LOADS OF TROUBLE... LIKE, SIT CHO ASSES DOWN AND SHUT THE JAILHOUSE DOORS WHILE UR AT IT. POINT BLANK! #TRUTH!!

Curtis