'Storage Wars' Star

Commits Suicide

Days After Drug Arrest

2/12/2013 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0211_mark-balelo_facebook"Storage Wars" star Mark Balelo killed himself today by carbon monoxide poisoning ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources close to Balelo tell us he was found dead in his car ... which was parked and running in the garage at his auction house in Simi Valley, CA.

According to our sources, Balelo had been arrested for a drug-related offense on Saturday.

We're told when Balelo got out of jail he was distraught, and asked his fiancée to come over because he was afraid he might hurt himself.

We're told they met at his office on Sunday, they talked for a few hours, he took a 4 hour nap -- and when he woke up seemed better.

The fiancée left Balelo at the office Sunday evening. We're told one of Balelo's employees found his body Monday morning.

Balelo appeared on a handful of "Storage Wars" episodes over the past few seasons.

Law enforcement sources tell us an autopsy will be conducted tomorrow.

Bob Potter

R.I.P MARK WE WILL MISS YOU!!!!!!!

Tony

For a few years I worked for a mortuary, I had to pick up deceased people at hospitals, nursing homes, or if they died at home or at the airport if they died out of town they are flown back home. I would bring them to the mortuary and help embalm them then deliver them to the funeral home. The mortuary had about six minivans that we used, if I went to Memphis airport or the hospital sometimes I would go through the drive through at a fast food place and I would use the car pool lane. I never was pulled over, technically there are two people in the vehicle. My ringtone for the mortuary was Queen's "another one bites the dust." Hey, you gotta have a sense of humor in that business.

Sammy

If this is the guy I thonk it is, he was only in about six episodes and the main "stars" kept making fun of him because of the bag he kept his money in. I don't think I ever saw him win a single unit. To say he was one of the stars of the show is like saying Cher was the star of Forsthaus Falkenau.

Petro Garcia

Everyone who play Superman always commit suicide.

Maryann

you kill yourself over that..lame

dd

I watch this show all the time when did he appear, don't remember him.

Spixie

To those saying that it was a stupid thing to kill himself over, step back for a moment. Every one handles pain differently and no one kills themselves over one thing. Something drove this man to do drugs, whether it was an event, a series of events, mental instability, etc. so it's obvious that he was in pain over SOMETHING long before his arrest and death. Suicide isn't the answer and I'm not condoning it. It's tragic. But telling people their pain isn't good enough to justify their feelings of depression, hopelessness, despair, etc. only pushes them to suffer in silence and take their own lives instead of reaching out and seeking help without fear of judgement. Be part of the solution instead of the problem.

Grapost

Well now we know where he got all his cash to buy lockers with. Selling Drugs.

jeff owensby

what a douhce bag

chuckyh1

r.i.p.

luigi7

what a shame

aj

How truly sad. So sorry for his family. Batteling drugs is a huge burden to bear.

james wills

The origional defination of "star" was someone who got their name above the title. for example Mark Balelo in " Storage Wars". He was a day player at best

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Oh we'll.

rob

I think it's disgusting how people in America have gotten. This guy was someone's loved one. If people would have sought proper treatment, this could have been avoided. Show some compassion. We we don't have compassion for each other than what do we truly have. People are fixated on the fact that he wasn't a major star rather than the tragedy. Stop the all about me crap and show some respect. Mental illness and depression need to be addressed. We lose 18 veterans a day to suicide or 1 every 80 minutes. This could have been your loved one.