Christopher Dorner

Presumed Dead

After Gun Battle with Cops

2/12/2013 6:00 PM PST UPDATED: 2/12/2013 10:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0212_chris_dorner_article

update_bar
8:20 PM -- The LAPD held a news conference and said no body has been pulled out of the scorched cabin yet ... as it is still too hot to enter.

0314_divider_graphic
Law enforcement sources directly connected to the case tell TMZ a body was found inside a Big Bear cabin, and they are all but certain it is Christopher Dorner -- who earlier engaged police in a gunfight before the cabin went up in flames.

We're told positive identification may take a while because the body was badly burned, but our sources are convinced they have their man.

Cops had cornered Dorner in the remote cabin ... after reports came in that he robbed a nearby home, tied up the couple living inside and fled in a white Dodge pickup truck.

A state Fish & Game ranger fired on the vehicle, and cops closed in soon after -- resulting in a violent standoff ... during which tons of shots were fired, hitting two San Bernardino County deputies ... one of whom died at the hospital.

At this point, it's unclear how exactly Dorner died. Cops reportedly heard a single gunshot around the time the cabin ignited ... indicating Dorner might have shot himself.

Dorner was accused of murdering three people -- including one police officer -- in shootings that took place on February 3rd and February 7th in California. Two other police officers were injured in the shootings.

Cops believe Dorner -- a former LAPD officer who was dismissed in 2008 -- posted a rambling manifesto on his Facebook page ... in which he declared "unconventional and asymmetric warfare" on the LAPD and their families.

In the manifesto, Dorner also expressed his admiration for countless celebrities -- like Charlie Sheen, Bill Cosby, Larry David, and Ellen DeGeneres.

Jordan

This Man was a Coward he Killed two People that did nothing, but being the daughter of the Man who gave him Representation in his firing. He could have fought legal ways without using a gun and without using a single bullet. He just chose to take 4 years to plan out a Killing spree.

manbearpig

i bet almost all of those who give the guy an rip comment are the far lefty types.
always the ones who take the side of the criminal and see them as the victim even when they kill innocent people. hell, even micheal moore was angry when he heard bin laden was killed.

taih588

he aint dead atlest i hope he's not.

prince luvr

Pos bitch went down like one ,,no excuse for such a coward

lynkel

Finally, its done.

CoinOperated

How was killing innocent people in no way related to his "war on the LAPD" brave? A brave man would have spoken out against the corruption and sought an effective means to put an end to it. This man was a coward that ran and hid, tore families apart, and accomplished nothing aside from making the LAPD seem just in their termination of him!

Ali

This is so sad. I feel so badly for the men and women that Dorner killed but I also feel badly for him. He served his country honorably in the Navy and seemed to be able to handle his law enforcement career and enjoyed it. What went so horribly wrong to change him into a sociopath? I feel badly and hope that he had some type of mental illness that would explain why he snapped. For a good man to go this bad is just so sad. I know this seems callous and I don't mean it to be, but I want his victims to rest in peace but I also want him to rest in peace. If he was ill, God will forgive him and he'll be heaven bound. This is just heart-breaking.

Toilethead

I figured all along the coward would kill himself.

Mike

Let's face it. I bet a lot of people can see how Dorner might have gotten totally screwed over by some corrupt people at the LAPD who were helping their buddies and doing the "thin blue line" thing instead of doing the right thing.

What if Chris Dorner really WAS telling the truth about his training officer kicking and beating on a mentally ill guy without justification? What if he was just trying to do the right thing by reporting to his superiors what his training officer did? What if he just trying to "protect and serve" the public like cops are supposed to?

Cops are supposed to go after the abusers and thugs not BE the ones who do the abusing and act like thugs when they think they can get away with it.

tdr9

Alright guys it's been confirmed they found dorner's body dead. Can we all move on and get back to celebrity news please

manbearpig

just glad he is DEAD and we don't have to waste money or time on a stupid trial. no millions of dollars wasted keeping that fat sack of crap around for decades.

Marvin

Two cleaning ladies found his safe house and were tied up. One of them escaped and called the cops, I hope she gets the million dollars. Taken out by a cleaning lady.......

OhWell

♫ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♫ SING AlONG TIME ♫ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♫

........I FOUGHT THE LAW...........

(A') Breakin' rocks in the ... hot sun
I needed money, 'cause I ... had none

♫ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♫♫ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♫

I left my baby and I feel so bad
I guess my race is run
Well, she's the best girl ... I've ever had

♫ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♫♫ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♫

Robbin' people with a . . . SIX gun

♫ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♫♫ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♫

I miss my baby and the ... good fun

♫ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♫♫ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♫

I left my baby and I feel so bad
I guess my race is run
But, she's the best girl ... I've ever had

♫ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♫♫ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫ ♫

still2easy

WE live in a corrupt world. More Bad than Good...RIPa Good Man that probably snapped due to corruption and the awefullness of our wars we subjected him to!

judy jetson