Dick Clark's Flintstones House

Price Slashed

'Cause No One Wants It

2/12/2013 9:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0302_dick_clark_house
Dick Clark
's Flintstones-themed house in Malibu is apparently an unsellable freak of architecture -- because after nearly a year on the market ... no one's bought it ... and now, the asking price has been heavily discounted.

The house was originally listed last March -- a month before Dick passed away -- for $3.5 million. It's remained unsold ever since, and now the price has been dropped by $250,000 ... to $3.25 million, this according to our friends at Curbed LA.

The home -- currently owned by Dick Clark's estate -- isn't a bad deal ... even if you hate the house itself ... because it sits on 23 acres of prime Malibu real estate with a 360-degree view of the Pacific Ocean, Channel Islands, Boney Mountains, and Serrano Valley.

Maybe he shoulda built a Jetsons house.

small asian penis

So the house was over priced? I guess even this source of media needs to sensationalize their articles...

smorbie

I like the house; it's different. Let me look in my couch cushions and see what I can come up with.

DaveT

Totally love the house, how original, comfy with the curves and colors, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, as soon as I win the lottery...

D-INCARNATION

Not very practical but looks like a good place to get stoned.....

Bianca

It's on top of Deer Creek Road. You can search for it on Google Maps. A very long drive to the beach and the rest of civilization. Very much a little, private hilltop hideaway.

RaisingStar

I think its cute. I'd be honored to live in it. But I'm like y'all. I'd have to hit the number, rob the couch

Phreaky

Um, how can it have a 360... degree view of the Pacific if it's not on an island IN the Pacific?

judy jetson

"Maybe he shoulda built a Jetsons house"... your right Harvey, my father George, Mother Jane, brother Elroy and even our dog Astro agree with you.

Vidalicious

It's a weird 50's relic, nobody but the Hanna-Barbera heirs would want it. I'm sure the land is worth more than the house.

Toilethead

Why would anybody want that piece of crap?

pizzapizza

3.5 million for 23 acres of Malibu? How is that not a bargain, even if you knock it down.

Maisie

I don't get it. How could 23 acres of prime Malibu land not sell for a measly $3.5 (now $3.25) million?! Even without a house, it would still be one helluva bargain. Am I missing something??

PinkChucky15

What do you mean "No one wants it"? I want it...I just don't have the money to buy it :-p

Dr Samuel Weiscrak

Not the kind of property to sell quickly, it just needs the right buyer. It's one of those houses you spend a fabulous long weekend in a few times a year if that. A novelty, the kind of indulgent toy multi-hundred millionaires or billionaires with homes around the world indulge in...

peterfrady

Man.... If I had a career that paid me in the Millions I would buy this place and watch Flintsoned Cartoons and commune with the Spirits... What a Place... Shyt...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments