Dick Clark's Flintstones House

Price Slashed

'Cause No One Wants It

2/12/2013 9:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0302_dick_clark_house
Dick Clark
's Flintstones-themed house in Malibu is apparently an unsellable freak of architecture -- because after nearly a year on the market ... no one's bought it ... and now, the asking price has been heavily discounted.

The house was originally listed last March -- a month before Dick passed away -- for $3.5 million. It's remained unsold ever since, and now the price has been dropped by $250,000 ... to $3.25 million, this according to our friends at Curbed LA.

The home -- currently owned by Dick Clark's estate -- isn't a bad deal ... even if you hate the house itself ... because it sits on 23 acres of prime Malibu real estate with a 360-degree view of the Pacific Ocean, Channel Islands, Boney Mountains, and Serrano Valley.

Maybe he shoulda built a Jetsons house.

55vineyard

iWell, if I win the lottery I would buy it just for the land along, that is a tremendous price. Do you know how hard it is to find even one acre in Southern California let alone 23? I would fix up the house and maybe look into selling tours to the public.

Spicy mag

Turn it into a hotel.

Luz

The whole package is a steal! But I am noticing the windows are opened. What about bugs and rain?

AlienIntelligence

A 360...° view of an ocean, is called an island.

O PINYON8TD

I've heard of making the bedrock but this is ridiculous.

englishsunset

I love it...ill take it.

Steven

In a prime location like Malibu, the house would make a good teardown. That's what's happening in the high end real estate market. Buyers buy a house to tear it down and build one to their personal taste.

Suzy Q

Who knew ol' Dick Clark was a nut bar?

They should make it into a theme park. With dinosaurs and a mini golf course.

hillgal

I like it!

WhiskeyBum

How could 23 acres in Malibu , with the views mentioned , And the house , not be worth $3.5 Million ? Something is wrong with the info

Lou

They need to bull doz the house and just sell the land. I might be interested.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3