Alyson Hannigan

A Mental Patient Is Threatening to Kill Me

2/13/2013 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0213_alyson_hannigan_getty
"American Pie" star Alyson Hannigan has obtained a restraining order against a man she claims is mentally unstable and threatened to kill her, TMZ has learned.

The "How I Met Your Mother" actress filed a request for a restraining order in L.A. County Superior Court, claiming John Hobbs has been harassing her on the Internet -- posting threatening messages on Facebook, MySpace, and Alyson's website.

Hannigan says Hobbs is "mentally unstable and was recently discharged from a mental hospital."

Alyson says Hobbs also suggested he would rape her -- posting a message online that reads, "Lets see How can I get myself in troble today [sic]. If I go with what I've been acussed of Most of my Life, I suppose I should start with being a rapist, so any nice girls out there want to get raped [sic]?"

In addition to herself, Alyson got protection for her husband and two kids.

A hearing has been set for March 6th ... when a judge will decide whether to make the restraining order permanent.

rudynjudyjudy

Pahizz Phi is right van band camper beans crews APP4that

rudynjudyjudy

with her profile level it would seem it as if that was happening all the time,if you wanta sing the blues you gioto pay your dues as in hire a APP4THat

rudynjudyjudy

thats funny her stunt double is harrassing ME at the gym

malenanicholson

Malena Nicholson thinks this girl is nuts

CriticXtreme

Could it be because of all the bad acting?

braintrain

Jason biggs at it again.

Sammwells Pariss

its becouse she is a red head.. red heads are amazeing creatures.. . blondes too ... then the blends the blends are nice .

kitnplayn

If the government was doing their job, they would put this man back in a mental health facility, because waving a piece of paper at him while he's raping a woman is not public safety. The government doesn't want to pay to institutionalize him perpetually, because of the cost, so all you get is a powerless piece of paper.

kitnplayn

It's mind-boggling how many people, who are old enough to type words, could be so heartless and type such stupid words.

''' V '''

Remember one time at band camp... A mental patient threaten to kill me... BITCH PLEASE!!! You may be the mental patient ms. band camp....

Harley Nut

Welcome to Bizarro World 8-)

Waka Waka Waka

Why would someone stalk a D-list celebrity.... lol...waka waka wakaaaaaaaa

Mrugowsky

She looks haggard. Why is he specifically after her??? And for chrissakes brag

TooMuchZzzz...

How I Met Your Mother is one of my favorite shows. I think they all do a great job and the show would not be the same if they had any one else. Marshall and Lilly are my favorite. No one should ever feel threatened and afraid to sleep at night. Everyone who is saying hurtful things about her would be crapping their pants if it was happening to them.

Mrugowsky

Also, rape is not cool so why mention it online???

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments