Alyson Hannigan

A Mental Patient Is Threatening to Kill Me

2/13/2013 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0213_alyson_hannigan_getty
"American Pie" star Alyson Hannigan has obtained a restraining order against a man she claims is mentally unstable and threatened to kill her, TMZ has learned.

The "How I Met Your Mother" actress filed a request for a restraining order in L.A. County Superior Court, claiming John Hobbs has been harassing her on the Internet -- posting threatening messages on Facebook, MySpace, and Alyson's website.

Hannigan says Hobbs is "mentally unstable and was recently discharged from a mental hospital."

Alyson says Hobbs also suggested he would rape her -- posting a message online that reads, "Lets see How can I get myself in troble today [sic]. If I go with what I've been acussed of Most of my Life, I suppose I should start with being a rapist, so any nice girls out there want to get raped [sic]?"

In addition to herself, Alyson got protection for her husband and two kids.

A hearing has been set for March 6th ... when a judge will decide whether to make the restraining order permanent.

tmoschetti

That will teach her to perform at DNC functions!

sillyazz

sure shes not the mental patient ?

FreezeFrame555

The guy made overt threats toward her. All they can do to help her with a restraining order? Why is he not being arrested for threatening her? Something is really wrong here.

J.E.B.

And this one time....at Band Camp.....this mental patient was stalking me......so I stuck a flute up his a**...............

Jen

Yes that guy has been seriously creepy... I'm a huge Buffy fan myself and that's become a fairly small (relatively anyway) online community so heard about it and this guy is just... off the chart. Poor Aly. I hope he's alright and can make sure she and her family stay safe, as the creeper has also been continuously mentioning her husband Alexis in his threats and dramatic statements. Seriously I think Alexis is the hottest thing since sunburn... but you'd have to be mentally ill to talk the way stalkerboy does and that's not a good forebode.

flex

Alyson do you need a body guard,can't have my favorite witchy girl meeting Michael myers I met him in the gym, one for them any way. but I can brake

both his legs so he can only bite you on the ankles

Flagrante Delicto

What the amazing things about this article is that there is actually a mental hospital open that discharged Hobbs.

Flagrante Delicto

Wait, if he was just released from a mental hospital but has been making threats on FB, Twit et al, then he would have been doing it while in the looney bin. What does that tell you?

sniper1

Now this is the perfect situation for a person to have a gun and protect there family. Get one

Pam Richardson

Join the Army serve your country instead of your pocket he will never follow you to boot camp

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4