Casey Abrams

Is Now a Dirty, Singing

Hippie Person

2/13/2013 8:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

021313_casey_abrams_launch
So, there we were ... giving one of our awesome TMZ Hollywood Tours this week ... when we spotted this dirty, hippie-looking dude playing a guitar on the side of the road with a giant stuffed gorilla.

And then we realized ... the beatnik was former "American Idol" finalist Casey Abrams.

The whole encounter was kinda strange ... a shoe-less Casey scatted his way through a song ... and then laid down on the ground with his giant blue stuffed animal, while waving to the people on the bus (totally nice guy).

We're guessing Casey is pulling the stunt to promote something ... then again, maybe he really did go full Joaquin Phoenix.

Either way, check out the video -- kinda crazy.

Violent Pope

Get off the sidewalk stinky.

Lucy

I shudder to think what the blue gorilla is for.

Hot Chocolate

I don't even really want to waste keystrokes on a situation like this but I will.

Someone needs to get that guy off the ground and tell him thats not good.

Thats actually very bad for the perception of artists and creatives and gives those who exploit creatives ammunition.

He looks bad crazy like he's on drugs, on purpose. They probably have a save reserved for him in a mental institution. I would not want to be a on a gigantic filthy ass teddy bear on purpose. But hey, if that's what he wants there is little anyone can do.

KicksandGiggles

I wonder how come some dirty homeless looking men laying on the side of the road are called "bums" while others are fondly called cool hippies. Hum.... just sayin'.

Miguel

The rest of the story, told in Tweets from other Idols:

Haley Reinhart:
If @IAmCaseyAbrams can get his act together in time, he’ll be joining me Friday @ the House of Blues. He’s been busy bein’ a #bumonthestreets #iseenit!

Scotty McCreery ‏@ScottyMcCreery
Been texting and calling @IAmCaseyAbrams all day… somebody said they saw him climbing through dumpsters in downtown hollywood?! #WheresCasey

James Durbin ‏@DurbinRock
@IAmCaseyAbrams, you're not answering your phone, Im worried! Where are you!?!? #wherescasey

Naima Adedapo ‏@Naima_Adedapo
Getting worried. I've been looking 4 my homie w/ the gigantic beard & long hair (kinda favors Jesus), goes by @IAmCaseyAbrams? #WheresCasey

Jacob Lusk ‏@Jacob_Lusk
@IAmCaseyAbrams I've been texting and calling you , ARE YOU ALRIGHT? #wherescasey

Paul McDonald ‏@thePaulMcDonald
I'm pretty sure I saw @IAmCaseyAbrams passed out under a "Live Nudes" sign on Sunset Blvd-he was all goo'ed up on the goo balls #WheresCasey

Pia Toscano ‏@PiaToscano
I could've sworn I just saw @IAmCaseyAbrams picking his nose on Hollywood Blvd.. Dude, was that you? #wherescasey

Haley Reinhart ‏@HaleyReinhart
Where's Casey?? ...WHERE'S CASEY?!??! I'll tell you where he is, on Sunset and La Cienega! Being a bum.

Haley Reinhart ‏@HaleyReinhart
Get up off of that thang! And dance till you feel better!

^ James Brown lyric

LCS27

"CASEY ABRAMS
Is Now a Dirty, Singing
HIPPIE PERSON"

He always was.

kee

Hey, Looks like he was happy and having fun. You can't slag a guy for trying. Looks like you guys could try a little harder and fill your TMZ tour buses. :O

Michelle

Proly on crystal meth. The next picture we'll see of him will be rotten teeth & sores all over his face...

Diana

I'm hoping this is just a stunt for a new album

Rylee

Did anybody even say happy birthday?? (it was yesterday - he could still be drunk)

Miguel

Casey Abrams is Homeless, featuring Jack Black:

A set up to this video:

TaraTinker

You people are so rude. Keep the negative comments to yourself. Casey is a true artist and musician. He knows what hes doing.

nsf515

AH! it breaks my heart to see so much hate! Still to this day, Casey is my favorite idol contestant. So much talent and a very genuine fella.

waffles

I feel pretty certain it's just a publicity stunt. He's banging Haley Reinhart so he must be doing something right.

Pittslady

Ok?
Why is the GENDER BENDER [ male] allowed in the [GIRL GROUP ?]
KEZ BAN is a male not a female..
if I dress like CHARLIE SHEEN will I then be
Charlie Sheen?
Wow! he sure was great in the movie
"ROOKIE" or is it "THE ROOKIE" ?
with CLINT E. and I love him too and SAM ELLIOT.
So if I dress up like them will I then be them?
I think not..DAH WINNING!
Or somethin like that!