Steve Martin

Becomes DAD

... at 67 Years Old

2/13/2013 6:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0213_steve_martin_Article

Steve Martin has fathered his very first child ... at the ripe age of 67-YEARS-OLD ... the actor has confirmed.

The "Pink Panther" star's 41-year-old wife Anne Stringfield gave birth to the kid back in December ... so says the New York Post.

Steve wouldn't be the first celebrity dad to father a kid in his 60s ... Rod Stewart did it (66 years old) ... so did Pablo Picasso (67) and Clint Eastwood (66).

And ... Charlie Chaplin had a kid when he was 73.

Congrats.

0131_daddy_footer

Virtual Insanity

My dad died at 38. You never know in life. I think its awesome that he and his wife are taking this journey and I wish them a happy parenthood and many, many years of life ahead. I'm sure it was a decision they did not take lightly. Kudos and congratulations.

bjames9031

Don't forget David Letterman!

Alex

WOW, become father at the age 67! I bet his child will not remember how his coffin looks like.

Kimberly

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your wife!

Steve

That's really sad......He won't even be around for most of his kids formative years. Glad to hear he can still get it up though.

Max

It is hard to have kids in your 20s let alone in your 60s. Wait until they have to handle a teenager! He will be 78 years old when his kid is 18. How embarrassing for the kid! What a nightmare to go through at 78! They all have my sympathies

Terry Toll

Finally that wild and crazy Check brother Yortuck Festrunk got laid!

FTLOne

As Mr Martin has already convinced us ... it's Cheaper By The Dozen !!!!

darla

Yessss his swimmers are still ALIIIIVE... rotflmao

Ca2Az

Lots of people seem to not like the fact that the funny man is having a kid at his age. Well, that kid will have lots of money, and so will his/her's kids. Congrats Mr. Steve Martin.

treyc

How ****ing selfish of them. Did the gold digger need something concrete to hold him down with? He will know this child, 10 yrs at the most, 13 if he is lucky?
Celebs are so delusional, they think they are going to live forever.

Morticia Cowghoul

Hum? I never knew he had NO kids. Good for them. I've always LOVED Steve Martin. SNL, his comedy albums and movies....I grew up on all his stuff. And now his hillbilly music is great fun.
Congratulations to them both!

Ahhhhahahahahaha

Never thought I'd see that happen!
Congrats to all 3 !
I'd love to have a dad like Steve lol
Here's to hoping the kids hair doesn't turn white in his/her early 20's though like his did. ...Though, it could be a fashion statement these days.

MUXY

Nothing new man have kids late in their lives Every time!! Especially when u marry some one younger than u this is going to happen!!

antonino roca

Make sure the DNA matches.