LeAnn Rimes

Sues Dentist

You Screwed Up My Teeth!

2/14/2013 4:06 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0214-leann-rimes-tmzLeAnn Rimes is suing her dentist, claiming he botched up her mouth so bad ... it's messing up her career.

In the lawsuit ... obtained by TMZ ... Rimes claims she went to Dr. Duane C. McKay for various dental work over 3 years. Some of the work included upper front veneers and crowns that the dentist promised would address her TMJ-related pain as well as improve her appearance.

Rimes claims rather than helping, the dentist messed her mouth up bad, causing tremendous pain and bleeding. Back in October, she tweeted, "I feel like I got hit in my right side of my face with a baseball bat."

Rimes says she's had to undergo 9 root canals and bone grafting. She's also had a temporary bridge and needed physical therapy as well.

Rimes says in the suit she will have a "permanent cosmetic deficiency."

Rimes says the dental work is so bad it has been screwing with her career ... impeding her ability to perform.

In her malpractice lawsuit, LeAnn is seeking unspecified damages for physical, emotional and psychiatric injuries. She also wants money for loss of past and future earnings.

0214_remodeled_mouths_footer_v2

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes!

I am Spartacus

So she does know what it's like to be hit in the face with a baseball bat?

tina

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh too bad, wheres her f****** ring ?

Mrugowsky

The teeth are the least of her face's problems.

Jay W.

Bad dentist aside... LeAnn is a dirty little wh.re. I really like her.

tdr9

Her teeth looks ok to me

ray

Have some cheese with all that whine. In order to get damages, you first have to prove them. Good luck with that.

bewildered

Who cares.....next

Kobe_No_Means_No

She used to look pretty horrible, but now she's frickin' hot!

Los Pepes

Should I use sweet relish in my tuna salad tonight?

Inconceivable!

So it's the dentist's fault she sits on stage and sings? If the dentist messed up her mouth the first time, why did she keep going back for the 9 root canals, and other work over THREE YEARS?!!! It took her 3 years to decide he did bad work?!

kells

Disregarding her personal life, I really don't get why people rip on her looks. She's not a classic beauty, but I think she's pretty. I just don't know why people are so hard on her looks.

JellyBean

It says the dentist did work to improve her appearance so it sounds like her teeth were already ****ed up before the dentist even touched them.

sophiastormy

What the he11?? She sang on the x.factor.. that's why her career flat lined. Also by cheating. Her mental problems are hers...

Gretel

I don't understand. Veneers are veneers. As veneers go hers really don't look that bad but I've never seen veneers that looked natural. She's got a great talent but unfortunately her riding the crazy train has gotten in the way of it. It isn't the teeth that's the problem.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments