LeAnn Rimes

Sues Dentist

You Screwed Up My Teeth!

2/14/2013 4:06 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0214-leann-rimes-tmzLeAnn Rimes is suing her dentist, claiming he botched up her mouth so bad ... it's messing up her career.

In the lawsuit ... obtained by TMZ ... Rimes claims she went to Dr. Duane C. McKay for various dental work over 3 years. Some of the work included upper front veneers and crowns that the dentist promised would address her TMJ-related pain as well as improve her appearance.

Rimes claims rather than helping, the dentist messed her mouth up bad, causing tremendous pain and bleeding. Back in October, she tweeted, "I feel like I got hit in my right side of my face with a baseball bat."

Rimes says she's had to undergo 9 root canals and bone grafting. She's also had a temporary bridge and needed physical therapy as well.

Rimes says in the suit she will have a "permanent cosmetic deficiency."

Rimes says the dental work is so bad it has been screwing with her career ... impeding her ability to perform.

In her malpractice lawsuit, LeAnn is seeking unspecified damages for physical, emotional and psychiatric injuries. She also wants money for loss of past and future earnings.

0214_remodeled_mouths_footer_v2

FSandMonkeys

give me a ****in break

LoLo

Having worked in dentistry for many years (although not a dentist) it sounds like the defendant is going to be able to prove that she has bone loss/periodontal disease. This is not usually due to poor dental work (which she does not appear to have) but from poor dental hygiene. Can't blame others for not brushing your teeth, LeeAnne. Veneers look pretty. I think the dentist did a great job.

Fred

Once upon a time, that girl could really sing. Now, she just another nobody who doesn't sing.
That's interesting: Suing the dentist to keep your name in the news. Guess Huff got tired of running her bikini beach pictures.

N

Maybe she should rest the jaw by refraining from all the bj's that hooked her hubby to begin with. And anyone stupid enough to roll right into NINE root canals and not think that maybe there's a problem with the dentist being a complete whackjob, is ALSO a whackjob. Just sayin'. As for the baseball bat...well, looks like it too. Yawn.

Tony

Her career was in trouble long before she got her teeth fixed.

hate celeb worshippers

AAAAHHH THE SUFFERINGS OF THE UPPER CLASS.!!! MAYBE WE SHOULD HAVE A BEEF AND BEER TO BENEFIT HER, POOR LIITLE RICH BITCH, ITS ALWAYS THE ONES WHO HAVE THE MOST CRY THE LOUDEST, OH AND BY THE WAT THAT METEOR THAT HIT RUSSIA TODAY WAS SUPPOSED TO HIT THE KARDASIAN HOUSE, TO BAD IT MISSED

hate celeb worshippers

Kris

She wants to blame someone for her failing career, so why not blame the dentist? I guess now because of her teeth she can't sing? BS She had a "permanent cosmetic deficiency" without any trip to the dentist, and she has a permanent moral and personality deficiency. From what I have read, she is a narcissistic, spoiled home-wrecker,and a very unlikeable person.

Lynne

I am so over this gal. Anything to keep her name in the news. Just sing, damnit! You mouth looks good to me. Nine root canals is a lot but sometimes in order to keep future abcesses from occuring, it's a routine procedure before the crowns are set. I have a feeling that's the case here. You should be pain free.

TINA G

The Dental Board licenses PROBATIONER DENTISTS that have an established harmful pattern but they don't inform patients in the chairs of dentists on probation http://www.10news.com/news/investigations/team-10-finds-some-dentists-hurt-patients-yet-keep-licenses02112013

Lacey

I'm thinking she should've left out the psychiatric problems. Those seem to have been around for a while.

Mike

My foot doctor removed a bunyon from my foot and now I can't find a job anywhere as a high paid CEO.

david l

leann rimes is butt ugly eddie cibrian certainly in my mind wasnt thinking with the right head

Kurt

Has she done ANYTHING career wise since her small part in coyote ugly in 2000??? Seems like being around the beautiful women in coyote ugly made her jealous and screwed her mind up and she has never been the same since!

Kate

THE TRUTH

Rimes had hideous horsey fake teeth, looked like dentures.

Sooooooooooooo, she went to Brandi Glanville's dentist and asked for her duplicate smile (Brandi's is real), now she is suing the dentist (rolling eyes).

In the above photo she is also wearing the exact clothing Brandi wore last week, shoes, bag, all of it.

Hitch**** directed a film about the topic long ago, I believe a woman was stabbed in the shower.

There was a more recent film, more apt really, "Single White Female".