LeAnn Rimes

Sues Dentist

You Screwed Up My Teeth!

2/14/2013 4:06 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0214-leann-rimes-tmzLeAnn Rimes is suing her dentist, claiming he botched up her mouth so bad ... it's messing up her career.

In the lawsuit ... obtained by TMZ ... Rimes claims she went to Dr. Duane C. McKay for various dental work over 3 years. Some of the work included upper front veneers and crowns that the dentist promised would address her TMJ-related pain as well as improve her appearance.

Rimes claims rather than helping, the dentist messed her mouth up bad, causing tremendous pain and bleeding. Back in October, she tweeted, "I feel like I got hit in my right side of my face with a baseball bat."

Rimes says she's had to undergo 9 root canals and bone grafting. She's also had a temporary bridge and needed physical therapy as well.

Rimes says in the suit she will have a "permanent cosmetic deficiency."

Rimes says the dental work is so bad it has been screwing with her career ... impeding her ability to perform.

In her malpractice lawsuit, LeAnn is seeking unspecified damages for physical, emotional and psychiatric injuries. She also wants money for loss of past and future earnings.

0214_remodeled_mouths_footer_v2

Witchiepoo

Yikes!

TheTruth

Please sue him for your face to, cause that's all f ucked up.

Cran

From the description of the problem it sounds like she neglected her teeth for a while because this kind of major work doesn't become necessary overnight......9 root canals? She missed a lot of checkups it sounds like to me.

Leighton

She wants money for past and future earnings? Doesn't that imply that you actually have to have a career...? Homewrecking doesn't count.

Anon

LeAnn, your career problems are self-inflicted. It's not your teeth.

sniffle24

That it explains it!..well some of it..who do we blame for the rest of her face?

Misfitttt

well maybe if she looked after her teeth more instead of ruining peoples marriages she wouldnt be having all these problems.. its called brushing and flossing

tiki

She just wants someone to help her support Eddie.

Michelle Elenz

jeez..she has millions, does she really need to sue her dentist? I have had cosmetic surgeons and family physicians make mistakes, and I"m not even in a 6 figure household..and i didn't bother to sue! i'm sure some people once they get the taste of money they think the only answer is to get more, even at the cost of ruining her patient relationship with her dentist..sad!

pk20152

oh baby, it's not the dentist... it's the meth that screwing up your grill

Stevens

Gees, with all their money, how is it that these well to do celebrities still manage to choose regular dentists to do their dentistry, especially when you consider there're some of the most capable and highly trained cosmetic dentists in the L.A. Area like Dr. Doorman, Dr. Frey, Dr. Ziv a many others. Dr. McKay has none of this training. Drupes, he doesn't even have a website with photos of his cosmetic work. These celebrities have to take responsibility for choosing the wrong dentists that are really not qualified to work in cosmetic dentistry.

robin

Couldthis be the real reason LeAnn went to rehab??? TMJ is not a result of dental work , it is a result of locking your jaw at night while you are sleeping caused by stress.I have suffered from TMJ and at the time I thought I had double ear infections. My doctor gave me pain medication and although I only took the pain medication for a week it took me 3 days to detox from the pain pills I was up for 3 days stright and couldnt sleep.Never again.If you all remember the rumor was Burt Renalds became so thin as a result of doing drugs. He came out with the truth stating he suffered from TMJ and became addicted to pain pills as a result.Loni Anderson also stated she divorced Burt because he became so nasty as a result of his pain pill addiction. If you remember there were pictures posted on line with her in a bathing suit and remarking how skeletal looking ahe looked. Not long after those pics were posted she entered herself into rehab. JUST SAYIN!!!!!

Miz Val

Why are you complaining ? You screwed another woman's husband . Write a whiny song about it like your buddy Taylor Swift. does every time something goes wrong in her world

SoManyIdiots

Her first husband was obviously gay. She can't choose dentists or husbands.

CoinOperated

She needs to sue whomever put those horse size veneers in her mouth 10 years ago. That's the real travesty.