« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Oscar Pistorius

Breaks Down Crying in Court

2/15/2013 5:51 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0215_pistorius_court_crying
Oscar Pistorius wept openly in court today in South Africa as a judge charged him with the Valentine's Day murder of his model girlfriend.

Pistorius -- a double amputee track star who competed in last summer's Olympics -- held his hands over his face and sobbed as the prosecution said it would bring a charge of "premeditated murder."

The bail hearing was postponed at the request of both the prosecution and the defense and the case was adjourned until Tuesday. Pistorius will remain in custody until then.

Pistorius' lawyer did not squarely say his client did not shoot GF Reeva Steenkamp, saying, "The alleged murder is disputed in the strongest terms."

It appears the defense will center around perceived self-defense -- believing Steenkamp was an intruder.  In fact, on November 27 -- 3 months before Steenkamp was shot -- Pistorius went on twitter to talk about shooting an intruder:  "Nothing like getting home to hear the washing machine on and thinking its an intruder to go into full combat recon mode into the pantry! waa."

0215_pistorius_twitter
Jenna Edkins, who claims to have been an on-again off-again girlfriend of Pistorius' over the last 5 years, tweeted, "NOT ONCE has he EVER lifted a finger to me or made me fear for my life."

Steenkamp was a 26-year-old model who was about to make her reality television debut.

0215_oscar_pistorius_crying_courtroom_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

I'm out :-/

More money, more problems - B.i.g

SimplyHappy

This guy already has the "life of Riley". Receiving a home cooked meal, extra blankets and a soft cushy pillow for his utmost comfort. Makes me sick! As for his ex girlfriend Jenna Edkins, just consider yourself lucky, and keep it at that. Home intruder is laughable at best. What was it. something like 4 shots to the head, and one to the hand? Whatever the case, his money and fame will most likely land him right back in the next Olympics. Rihanna, if you do follow the news at all, be afraid...be very afraid! JustSayin'...Actually, you're a big girl now, you know what you're doing...and sure, Chris has changed so much since then, no anger issues there. Ha!
R.I.P. Reeva Steenkamp, thoughts and prayers to your family and friends.

Meanie

This is South Africa folks - folks are home invaded, car jacked and murdered at the hands of pillaging thugs. From the Toronto Star:

Many middle-class people in South Africa, both black and white, keep guns in their homes out of fear of break-ins. The fear is that, without them, they could perish if they are in the home at the time.

Mikey

Do NOT do laundry around this guy.

Kahl

Reeva was 30. Oscar is 26.

alzebub

She wasn't 26, HE is. She was 30. You guys should actually check your facts - which is not difficult to do, since the story is EVERYWHERE.

powerhouse

As a South African woman I can tell you for a fact that home invasions are a norm. His story doesn't add up and if you are looking to know what really happened TMZ is not it.. www.Sowetan.co.za OR www.thestar.co.za

me

Whoever wrote this article get your facts straight “steenkamp, a 26-year-old model” she wasn’t 26 she’s was 30, Oscar Pistorius is 26. But again this is TMZ not the New York Times.

Emily

I love how murderers get away with the most ridiculous excuses like "I thought it was an intruder". When you live with other people, wouldn't you assume it's that other person first?! Bull****.

william

That's just weird, you don't kill models. Just tell them they got fat and that will just hurt them for a while.

Sam Sunshine

Fukn idiot. Crocodile tears...

Cricket

Those aren't tears of remorse

judy jetson

He's only crying because he got caught. Loser!!

Jem

I don't understand how people can support a family member that just shot and killed someone. I don't get it. People have such a caveman mentality, like this is our family, we must support each other at all costs. This accident story just doesn't ring true to me. Supposedly he shot her through the bathroom door, while she was in the bathroom, but a few hours earlier, the police was already there because of a domestic dispute. So what he forgot she was there? That makes no sense. If he didn't know she was there, he wouldn't be shooting through the door. People don't shoot randomly. Read the tatoo on his back, it says, "I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. I execute each strike with intent. I beat my body and make it my slave..." Yea those weren't aimless shots that he was firing. He knew she was behind that door, and his intent was either to scare her or kill her. But if he just wanted to scare her, wouldn't he know that he could easily strike her? It just makes no sense. Or did his rage make him delusional? I don't know. Either way, he's not this angel he tried to portray himself as. Read this story of two women who had a drunken encounter with him, (him being the drunk), and he knocked them down, off their feet, and then started verbally abusing them. http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Oscar-Pistorius-Hero-or-Hooligan-20111103

Sounds like a guy, who had a resentment toward women, perhaps he felt inadequate in some sense, perhaps because of his disability, perhaps not, and took it out on women, because he couldn't take it out on men. Oh, and he also threatened to break some guy's legs. Real nice. He knows what it's like to not have legs, so you would think he has sympathy and would not wish that upon anybody. It just shows how bitter and jealous he is of other people.

Roxie

And Obama wants to pass a new Gun Law? for what? what people need is psychological help!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments