67-Year-Old Steve Martin

Shaping Up

For My Newborn Baby

2/15/2013 7:55 AM PST BY Johnny Lopez

0215_steve_martin_INF
Hoping to stay alive long enough to see his newborn kid graduate elementary school, 67-year-old Steve Martin worked on his fitness by hitting the road on his workout bike this week.

Martin's rep just confirmed that the actor's 41-year-old wife Anne Stringfield gave birth to their first child back in December ... but the couple hasn't revealed the sex or name of the child.

Whether it's a son or daughter, he's now working out for two.

KicksandGiggles

Its not how long he is a father. Its HOW he is a father. Look around and see lousy fathers screwing up their kids for years and years either by absence or by being an male azz blister. I would rather see a 67 year old great dad than a 27 year old dad who is nowhere to be found or so busy working the kid barely knows him.

taz

I think it is selfish for someone his age to have a child. It's like saying to the kid, its alright that I won't be there for you when you grow up but you'll be here for me as long as I'm around and want a kid. Bad decision Steve.

smorbie

Congratulations on your new baby!

bernergirl

Just congratulate him and move on! I would rather be his kid than Octomoms, and that lady will live forever!

Tammy LM

I'm surprised no one saw his wife pregnant. How dod he manage to keep a pregnancy hidden for the entire time and then the birth. The press really got the wool pulled over their eyes this time around. I guess that really shows what little interest the world media has in Steve Martin.

On a second note, why in the world do these people insist on waiting this long to have a child? It's so unfair to these children that will undoubtedly have to part with their parents at an earlier age than most other children do. I've lost my mom, and even though I was 29, it was the most unbarable grief imaginable. I can't imagine losing my mom as an adolescent or teenager. Larry King, Anthoney Quinn, and now Steve Martin, why do these seniors put their children through this? It's selfish for people this age to start having children. I understand fertility issues and not finding the right person til later in life, but it's just cruel in my opinion. It's cruel to the kids. Why couldn't these people just volunteer at children's organizations or foster children that need homes temporarily? I don't know what the age cut-off is on fostering. I know it's younger for adoption but even if they are too old to foster, wouldn't that tell them something right there? It's just selfish in my opinion to the kids that have to deal with a life of ridicule from peers, society, and then deal with an early departure of their parents. It's bad timing and no fair to children.

Deesker

Looks more like he's on his last leg.

Dublin2016

Good for him! Congratulations.

(◉_◉) Brush Your Teeth (◉_◉)

"Hoping to stay alive long enough to see his newborn kid graduate elementary school"
----------------------------------------------------
TMZ,

You are so cold,I can't believe it

At least Steve has something Harvey the Homo
Will never have...

...A Baby!

soulofanangel

---------------------------------------------------------------
If a photo speaks volumes.....then this STEVE MARTIN on bike photo is screaming "but I LOOK like I'M 87 YEARS OLD!.
---------------------------------------------------------------

snowboardchick

Go Steve go! At least you are sitting home like us losers commenting on TMZ. May you live a long and healthy life... You are awesome

soulofanangel

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like he's practicing his "OLD man faces" for the nursing home competitions...don't try so hard Steve.....it's your natural look these days.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

judy jetson

If he's still alive when the kid graduates High School he will probably be senile. Hahahaha!!

Mikey

Looks like a scene right outta the movie The Jerk.

anony

hate to say it but there was probably pressure from the wife

backfire

Nothing like old, stale sperm making a baby.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments