Mary J. Blige's

FINANCIAL DISASTER

New $900k Tax Lien

2/17/2013 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0215_mary_j_blige
Just when you thought Mary J. Blige's financial problems couldn't get any worse ... TMZ has learned the singer has been hit with a $900,000 tax lien in the State of New Jersey.

Blige -- who was JUST sued earlier this month for allegedly defaulting on a $500k bank loan -- is now on the hook for $901,769.65 in back taxes to the Garden State, this according to official documents obtained by TMZ.

The tax lien is the latest in a string of financial woes for the Grammy winner -- just last year, Mary J. was sued for allegedly defaulting on a $2.2 million bank loan ..  and before that, her charity was sued for not paying back a $250k loan.

Back in May, Blige blamed the charity's financial issues on the staff -- saying, "The problem is that I didn't have the right people in the right places doing the right things."

We reached out to Blige's camp for comment on the tax lien -- but so far, radio silence.

Gloryg7

All wealthy people neee to get caught. Cuz none of them ever pay taxes!!!

4reallikecomon

THIS IS A GOOD CHANCE TO ASK ALL THE WHITE PEOPLE WHO ARE RACIST...ALL OF YOU ARENT...BUT TO THE ONES WHO ARE,WHY DO YOU WAIT TIL YOU GET ON YOUR PC OR BEHIND THE SCENES TO INSULT BLACKS? WHY DONT YOU LET YOUR VENOM OUT AT...SAY...THE BUS STOP OR THE BANK ...OR THE GROCERY STORE,OR AT THE AUTO SHOP OR SOMETHING...DONT HOLD IT IN....I DIDNT KNOW THESE THINGS TILL I GOT ONLINE...WHY DO YOU GUYS LIVE IN A SILENT HATE UNTIL YOU LOG ON YOUR PC?

nap Lajoie

Yes, like the Messiah Obama says, these rich people need to pay their fair share. She should be ashamed of herself. Doesnt she realize there are single moms whos kids are hungry that need her money??

Hank

that's what the evil bitch gets for wearing fur. The animals have their revenge.

gregie allen

As a whole we have to step up and stop trusting folks that say they have our best interest at hand seems to me were not believing folks can be all for them self's we got to take the classes we need so we can watch the supposedly watchers

TJ

She needs to contact Willy Nelson's attorney, he got his reduced quite a bit back in the day. My question is how was she allowed to let it get this big. I get hassled when I owe a couple of hundred.

LISA

Really? I thought she was worth 30 times that much? I know that ultimately, her finances are on her, but maybe, just maybe, there was an error, oversight, or worse (someone stealing from her)? I’m not being naive, just fair. It’s also possible she lost money to bad investments. I guess we will have to wait and see if she can settle these bills soon.

Gargamel

These celebs are stupid as hell if you want to know where your money is sign your own checks! Stop giving these snakes dominion over your finances. Talent doesn't means brains ask Terrell Owens!

lukebandit

I can't believe she didn't have better money managers than that. This is ridiculous financial chaos. Maybe SUZI ORMAN could help her. Mary J should of called Suzi's CAN I AFFORD IT SHOW, Suzi, I want to buy blah blah blah, Suzi says Girlfriend: DENIED!

missy

you are a nasty bad singer with only 1 hit you ever did have. stop laughing at others because its gonna come back and bite you in the butt! wait....it just did lol

Valentina1

Again, mink coats, limos, mansions, Bentleys yet can't pay their bills. These celebrities need to stop overspending their money on bull**** to show off and start taking care of their business.

john

DO NOT GIVE ANYTHING TO THESE "CHARITIES"!! Chaka Khan's charity will be exposed as a total ripoff soon. How about all the Haiti rip off artists....

dena2cents

Poor Mary that sucks to be that famous with that much financial woes..must make her feel like she sold her soul for nothing

Rich

When you ridiculous amounts of money...you have to pay taxes. I have no sorrow this woman.

Mrugowsky

The I.R.S. makes a lot of people's lives miserable. Join the club, mary.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments