Mindy McCready

Dead

Commits Suicide

2/18/2013 4:45 AM PST UPDATED: 2/17/2013 7:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0114_mindy_mccready_articleupdate_bar
The Cleburne County Sheriff’s Office released a statement this evening that reads:

"At 3:31 PM, Sunday, February 17th Deputies from the Cleburne County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to a report of gun shots fired in the area of 1132 Fox Chase Drive in Heber Springs. Officers arrived on the scene at 3:58 PM and discovered the body of 37 year old Melinda Gayle McCready on the front porch of the residence at 1132 Fox Chase. Ms. McCready was pronounced dead at the scene from what appears to be a single self-inflicted gunshot wound. At this time family members have been notified of the incident. Ms. Mcready will be transported to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for an autopsy and the matter will be fully investigated."

0314_divider_graphic
Troubled country music star Mindy McCready was found dead Sunday of an apparent suicide ... this according to various reports. She was 37.

A source close to McCready tells TMZ ... McCready shot herself and her dog. Neighbors reported hearing the two gunshots.

We're told McCready had been a mess since the father of her youngest child, record producer David Wilson, was found dead in his home on January 13 of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

McCready's two children were removed from her home by a judge on February 6 and she was committed to a treatment facility for a mental-health and alcohol-abuse evaluation. She was released two days later.

McCready had attempted suicide twice before -- once in 2005 and again in 2008. She also made several trips to rehab and appeared in 2010 on the VH1 reality show "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew."

0218_MINDY_MCCREADY_footer

Lena

Coin, Fleabag73 and Gypsy

I have ABSOLUTELY no empathy for drug addicts. None. My family is crawling with them and I know all too well the havoc they reek and devastation they leave in their wake and that includes drug addicted babies and harried family members stuck caring for them.
One less drug addict to clean up after. Famous or not they are all the same..and not one of them gives a fat rats ASS about the consequences of their actions. Her poor children are doomed.

Sue

If there is any silver lining in this story, is THANK GOD, her two boys were in foster care.

Itfigers

Suzy Q RocketScientist and Barry McC. Lol and true. She killed her boyfriend and dog. Yes, kids are lucky they weren't there. Kids are much safer. Mental illness drugs booze whatever. OJ was talented. She was a hot mess. Peace at everyone's expense. YUCK.

Mamabear

My heart goes out to those children! I hope she has finally found peace. R.i.p.

Becca

Boo Hoo...did she have to shoot her dog!? Obviously she wanted to be dead

Tammy

Thankfully her children were gone or she may have hurt them as well.

Terri

I hate it for her, but wonder why she had to shoot her dog, too?

Kim

Think the important thing to remember is priorities; not really concerned how old she was, but she left behind two little ones - very sad.

sophiastormy

The kids are better off. She loved her drugs more. And her dead boyfriend

Bonlabon

WHY ? After everything that Mindy has been through I thought she was going to rise from the ashes, and grow strong. I was really hoping for that. I pray for Mindy's family to eventually find peace.

Valentina1

Oh my God, I can't believe this! I just heard about it. Suicide is never, ever the answer to one's problems. Oh, poor darling. I feel so sorry for her children. The baby has two parents that committed suicide. What will the family tell the child? This is just so sad. I hope and pray to God that the children are placed in a loving, nurturing home TOGETHER. They will need all the love and support they can get. My condolences to her parents.

Sue from jersey

I felt so bad for her until I heard she killed her dog too thank god her children are ok except for the loss of their mother

guest

Another news outlet reporting there were two other dogs at the house, but she just shot the lovers dog.

msroncon

This dumb bitch killed her dog too! What a selfish ass.

Andea

ADDICTION IS A DISEASE!! MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES ARE REAL AND DEBILITATING!! GET OUT OF THE STONE AGES AND EDUCATE YOURSELF BEFORE YOU PASS JUDGEMENT!! PRAYERS TO HER FAMILY!!

Previous 15 Comments | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments