Mindy McCready

Dead

Commits Suicide

2/18/2013 4:45 AM PST UPDATED: 2/17/2013 7:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0114_mindy_mccready_articleupdate_bar
The Cleburne County Sheriff’s Office released a statement this evening that reads:

"At 3:31 PM, Sunday, February 17th Deputies from the Cleburne County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to a report of gun shots fired in the area of 1132 Fox Chase Drive in Heber Springs. Officers arrived on the scene at 3:58 PM and discovered the body of 37 year old Melinda Gayle McCready on the front porch of the residence at 1132 Fox Chase. Ms. McCready was pronounced dead at the scene from what appears to be a single self-inflicted gunshot wound. At this time family members have been notified of the incident. Ms. Mcready will be transported to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for an autopsy and the matter will be fully investigated."

0314_divider_graphic
Troubled country music star Mindy McCready was found dead Sunday of an apparent suicide ... this according to various reports. She was 37.

A source close to McCready tells TMZ ... McCready shot herself and her dog. Neighbors reported hearing the two gunshots.

We're told McCready had been a mess since the father of her youngest child, record producer David Wilson, was found dead in his home on January 13 of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

McCready's two children were removed from her home by a judge on February 6 and she was committed to a treatment facility for a mental-health and alcohol-abuse evaluation. She was released two days later.

McCready had attempted suicide twice before -- once in 2005 and again in 2008. She also made several trips to rehab and appeared in 2010 on the VH1 reality show "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew."

0218_MINDY_MCCREADY_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40

Truth_Sayer

In my humble opinion, I believe that Mindy McCready was an ugly, white trash, no talent, pathetic b1tch. The dog's life was worth more than hers, and I'm sure that's why she killed it. Her voice hurt my ears,and her pasty face made me want to barf. Her kids are better off without her, because now they are safe. I'm glad she's dead and in Hell. She was no star. And if Dr. Drew is responsible for 5 of his "patient's" deaths, as reported on other sites, I hope he gets his hands on Rihanna too. Rot in Hell, Mindy, you stupid grotesque fu(k :D

kb

Wow some ppl amaze me still. What has this world come to that ppl speak such trash about someone and they haven'even been gone12 hrs. I wasn't a fan bt my prayers go out to the family. These 2children r now going to grow up w/out a mother. I'm sure the ppl talking trash have nvr made a mistake in there perfect life. I will b saying a special prayer for judgmental perfect ppl in this world. God Bless

Virginia

C'mon people...!! what the hell is wrong with YOU...!! TROUBLED???!! POOR SOUL??!! Are You Kidding Me !!! You can't make me believe that not one of you..have ever felt hopleless..and turned to an alternative.. to cope with life...!!! OR YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO WAS IN A SIMILAR LIFE AS Mindy McReady... I am sick and tired of hearing the media slam Mindy.. after she's no longer here..and the only thing that ANYONE NOTICES HER NOW... is how messed up her life SEEMED TO BE.. until you have walked in her shoes.. DON'T DAMN ANOTHER HUMAN BEING.. WHILE THEY ARE BREATHEING..AND WHEN THEY ARE NOT HERE ON EARTH... WOULD YOU WANT YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS TO BE REMEMBERED LIKE THIS???!! Mindy is a human being just like you and me...and she should be revered as " way more than a troubled soul " she didn't live her whole life that way...!! so wtf..!! get over yourselves..and respect her now..if you didn't respect her while she was living..!! And all of this.. refers to ALL HUMAN BEINGS ON EARTH..!! THINK ABOUT IT..!!

tiff321

its really sad that so young that she gone.

didisaythat

Can anyone say birth control..coulda spared several lives here...unfit pos's of generations...now we continue to facilitate orphans

Humble57

Had anyone given thought to the fact that maybe she killed herself because she shot her boyfriend. Why do people forget all the trouble this person has been in. Why put them on a pedestal they don't belong on? If it was any other person who wasn't "a star" they would have been ridiculed over their behavior. I have friends that knew her and I don't believe she was a very good mother to her children n had too many issues to mention.

Jaydensmom4

Rest in peace to a troubled soul..my heart aches for her as I know all to well about mental illness and depression..god bless her family and her children..and may she finally be at peace now

Lil Wayne lover54321

Your poor kids

Busybee206

Oh those children... Sending blessings to the family

ImRight

Rest in Peace Mindy

Brian

Man... U guys are pretty cruel.. Didn't know her, listen to her music, but I do know her story through years of social media... I've heard worse things. Sad fr the the kids n family, but seems like she had hurt many people personally ( all of you guys I guess) and I'm just curious what she did that was so evil to all of you... My anger is usually focused on people such as child molesters, murderers, people like Cassie Anthony, Jodi Areas and on n on... But Mindy Mccready?? Really? Get over yourselves!

Previous 15 Comments | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40