Mindy McCready

Dead

Commits Suicide

2/18/2013 4:45 AM PST UPDATED: 2/17/2013 7:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0114_mindy_mccready_articleupdate_bar
The Cleburne County Sheriff’s Office released a statement this evening that reads:

"At 3:31 PM, Sunday, February 17th Deputies from the Cleburne County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to a report of gun shots fired in the area of 1132 Fox Chase Drive in Heber Springs. Officers arrived on the scene at 3:58 PM and discovered the body of 37 year old Melinda Gayle McCready on the front porch of the residence at 1132 Fox Chase. Ms. McCready was pronounced dead at the scene from what appears to be a single self-inflicted gunshot wound. At this time family members have been notified of the incident. Ms. Mcready will be transported to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for an autopsy and the matter will be fully investigated."

0314_divider_graphic
Troubled country music star Mindy McCready was found dead Sunday of an apparent suicide ... this according to various reports. She was 37.

A source close to McCready tells TMZ ... McCready shot herself and her dog. Neighbors reported hearing the two gunshots.

We're told McCready had been a mess since the father of her youngest child, record producer David Wilson, was found dead in his home on January 13 of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

McCready's two children were removed from her home by a judge on February 6 and she was committed to a treatment facility for a mental-health and alcohol-abuse evaluation. She was released two days later.

McCready had attempted suicide twice before -- once in 2005 and again in 2008. She also made several trips to rehab and appeared in 2010 on the VH1 reality show "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew."

0218_MINDY_MCCREADY_footer

itsonlymyopinion

RIP Mindy Im so sorry u had to take this path and ur babies without their mommy breaks my heart! I know u loved ur love of ur life and u had NOTHING to do with his death! I just wish OTHERS woulda STOP judgin u! I know the last straw was the loss of ur children being taken! I wish u KNEW U HAD THE STRENGTH TO OVER COME THE ODDS!! I truly am sadden by the loss of not just ur beautiful face but ur music as well! I will never stop listening just to hear ur beautiful voice! RIP and make beautiful music with the angels! I will be praying EVERYDAY for ur babies may they know how much u truly love then more then ur life!! Love u sweet angel now

maeken

You people making jokes are *******s. She was a human being. Yes, she has troubles and yes she did some things wring, but she was a person with life and a family and friendscwho loved her. Grow up snd stop being disgusting examples of the human race.

tina

its so sad what drugs and alcohol mixed with depression can do to a person, i have seen this first hand, this was such a waste. my sympathy to her family.

Annie

I remember her when her career was at it's peak and she was dating Dean Cain.He directed one of her music videos.She was so pretty and talented.A life gone wrong so young. Sad

casey

The kids .......how could she leave her kids ?....god she was selfish !

Now they have deeper scars....

Tricky

Too bad she killed her boyfriend...

Tricky

her and oscar pistorius could have made a nice couple... too bad she killed her bf

j

Her life and death breaks my heart. Literally crying sad tears. Principalities.

Ronb331

R.i.p I w ish her family wil be able to recover from this horrible tragedy. Much respect. Troubled soul. God bless her children

maeken

Why do you people at TMZ allow such hateful things to be posted and shown about someone's death. Seriously, these people are *******s just looking to get a word in somewhere because no one in reality wants to hear their stupid ****.

firebaby

why'd she shoot the dog???
how tragic for her youngest, both parents committed suicide.... my condolences to her children.... may she now RIP

Jenn

I was hoping she had nothing to do with her husbands deaths but she shot the dog to death as well before killing herself. WTF? Makes you wonder.

Rozi

Why she shoot the dog?? What did he do??? Sad sad sad! I hope she is at peace now...

DeeMaree

Mindy was so troubled for long and tried this many times. This time I read she shot herself. Hope she has peace but what a legacy to leave for her babies. Roger Clemens how do you feel? Seducing a fifteen year old and continuing an affair with her for years.

Readerofthisgarbage

Thank god her children wernt with het