Alec Baldwin

Allegedly Threatens Reporter, Hurls Racial Slur at Photog

2/18/2013 6:27 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0910_alec_baldwin_article
Alec Baldwin was involved in another confrontation with the media ... after he allegedly threatened to choke a reporter to death and hurled a racial slur at a photographer.

Both Baldwin and the photographer for the New York Post, G.N. Miller, filed harassment claims against one another following the run-in.

According to the Post, the reporter Tara Palmeri, approached Baldwin while he was walking his dogs to ask him about a recent lawsuit against his wife Hilaria. The reporter says Baldwin responded by grabbing her by the arm and saying, "I want you to choke to death."

The Post says Palmeri played an audio recording of the threat to police.

Baldwin then turned the Post's photographer -- who they say is black and a retired detective with the NYPD's Organized Crime Control Bureau -- and allegedly called him "a coon," "crackhead" and "drug dealer."

The Post says Baldwin posted several tweets about the incident, one of which said, "Thank u 2 NYPD officers who came to my home 2day so that I could file a formal complaint against NY Post 'photographer' who assaulted me."

The tweets have been deleted.

Baldwin was involved in two confrontations with photographers last year just days apart -- on June 19 and June 29.

update_bar
Alec Baldwin says the claim he hurled a racial slur "is one of the most outrageous things I've heard in my life." Baldwin says it never happened.

As for what caused the explosion of tempers ... sources very close to Baldwin tell TMZ ... it all emanated from a story in the Post a few days back, reporting that Alec's wife was being sued by a student in her yoga class, claiming he was instructed to perform a dangerous move in an overcrowded class and was injured as a result.

Alec's sources say the actor was infuriated because the Post story did not give her side, even though they claim they had multiple conversations with the reporter, saying the class was not overcrowded and the injured man got special attention because he was being careless and even admitted the accident was his fault.

Sources close to Alec say he's the one who called the cops and lodged a harassment complaint against the Post photog.  One Baldwin source denies Alec threatened to choke the photog, claiming he said, "I hope you choke to death."

6:55 AM PT -- Baldwin just tweeted using the official Alec Baldwin Foundation's Twitter handle -- saying, "I find it ironic that my foundation's last grant was $50,000 to the Arthur Ashe Learning Center."

cali323

Freedom of speech. People "stars " think they can say whatever they want.

Dobby

Can't wait to see how his PR people put a spin on this, and what kind of commercials he can do poking fun at his bad behavior... When he caused that plane to have to be delayed for so long that others flights were delayed, I lost interest in him. What a self-absorbed asshat.

cali323

He is the real pig. Onk onk! A$$face

cali323

Why are Celebs insane? Are they from a different planet? Lol

Cp9999

Hey hold on everyone. Why do you think this is true at all? Isn't it just funny how the racial slur was not caught on tape but the supposed threat he started with was? Plus why did the photographer not tell the cops anything about a racial slur? this doesn't make any sense. Why do you all jump to believe some random claim? Has he ever ever been a racist even in past rants or drunken situations? Nope. TMZ I love you guys but this one seems fishy. Why would the photog not say anything about racial slurs to the cops? And has Alex Baldwin ever even come close to saying stuff like this? I think maybe let's take his side on this one. Sure getting in fights with photogs happens. But why throw this guy under the bus and call him a racist when it was likely all made up!

cs

he must be a southern democrat.

"Obama's election signaled 1 change. His re-election signaled another. The end of white, middle-aged Christian male dominance... now get away from me you drug dealing crackhead coon before I kill you."

Toilethead

The baldwin brothers are all a bunch of apes. They all belong in a zoo.

main

It always sucks when one of your favorite actors spews something racist..dang Alec

Gloria

You know what? I finally get why Al get SO pst off! Who in the * do these people think they are intruding on his privacy like that? They have no respect. I hope some paparazzi law kicks them in the arses. I'd get really mad, too, if someone came at me like that. It's got to really work on your nerves. If it were me, I'd find out their names and do a thorough background search on THEM and then post my questions about their private lives on the internet. What's fair is fair! Well, Alex, I'm, oddly enough, in your corner this round!

chris

i couldn't see him being raciest lol

tina

Alex has gone on racist rants before, and it doesn't matter. Everyone knows that when a liberal or democrat insults, demeans or hurls racists words, it is allowed. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Joey Boots

I see Alec all the time in the neighborhood, riding his bike (no helmet btw), shopping and walking his dogs and I also see the NY Post photogs staking out him and his building day and night - the NY Post has a vendetta against him, as it is owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp which is an arm of the Republican Party, and so finds any chance to harass and discredit him based on his reaction to their harassment of him and whatever they can exaggerate and falsify. #TeamBaldwin

cs

Secretly wants to strangle women to death, thinks blacks are drug dealing coons. Rape culture, racis.

Yeah, he's a typical liberal.

cs

Translation: I Have Black Friends

Nobrows

Please, write a check to the foundation and that gives you carte blanc to do or say whatever you want? Sounds more like he wrote a check to give him cover. What a no class jerk.